Fan Sector Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate

a scar in time...
I have been trying to make a fan sector that uses an intangible FOF, beginning the 'fan effect' from the floor of the FOF until its ceiling. However, I have been unable get it to work. I tried to download the example from the wiki, but it instead tries to get me to upload a file. Could anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

Here are some pictures of how I attempted this:
The bottom two sectors in the picture are the control sector (same sector).
The first showing the entire sector, the second showing the action linedef.

help.png

Hi Ultimate =D

Just by looking at the screens, I didn't find anything wrong :/

Give me 5 minutes, I'll try to reproduce what might be occurring with your wad.

I tried to download the example from the wiki, but it instead tries to get me to upload a file.
That's because the sample wads weren't up. No problem, I've just uploaded the missing samples. Check out there again, might it help you.

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Fan_Sector

EDIT:

I can't think of anything else what could be wrong: Maybe you have accidentally checked No Sonic\No Tails\No Knuckles flag which disables the effect for said character. In worst case, another control sector (with tag #160) is nullifying the fan effect.

Last edited:
Ah, thanks again Ezer! After looking at the sample WAD, I determined that there was nothing wrong regarding the control sector...and I was able to figure out the problem. The tagged sector was just barely overlapping another sector, preventing it from working correctly. I feel embarrassed for making such a simple mistake! Sorry if I wasted your time OTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back