Virus, Trojan, and Spyware Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the virus isn't doing anything, no it isn't. And even then, I highly suggest you get rid of any viruses that are lingering.

Yeah, even if the viruses aren't doing anything, they take up space and slow down your computer, so it's best to just get rid of them.

Regardless if the virus, spyware, or trojan is uninfected, I still view it as such and would want to remove it. Having an uninfected virus/etc.. has the potential to become infected once again from my thoughts and experience on this. Deleting it is the best choice of action to do.

The worst you can get is a rootkit. Anyway, minor infections should be quarantine while trojans and spyware should be removed soon as possible.

Common sense, anyone? I don't understand why anyone would want to leave malware alone on their system. "Uninfected viruses" doesn't make much sense, either. Viruses don't get infected, they are the infection.

You should know that malware these days isn't focused on simple data destruction or slowing down your computer, but rather running botnets, keyloggers, and otherwise gathering private user information. I sure wouldn't feel comfortable running on a system that has obviously had its security compromised even just once. Once your security has been breached, the game is basically up.

Depends if said viruses are running or not. I wrote a few viruses a couple years back (for educational purposes, I swear >_>) and they just sat on my computer. I never bothered running them, so they posed no threat.

If you're talking about viruses already in play then no, just get rid of it.

MasterJace said:
Depends if said viruses are running or not. I wrote a few viruses a couple years back (for educational purposes, I swear >_>) and they just sat on my computer. I never bothered running them, so they posed no threat.

shutdown -s -t isn't a virus :) well that is just a wild guess of what u put in there.

JigglyWiggly said:
MasterJace said:

shutdown -s -t isn't a virus :) well that is just a wild guess of what u put in there.

Don't assume, you'll make an ass of you and me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back