Creating raised platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I'm working on a CTF map and there's only one thing that I'm stuck on and that is creating platforms that are suspended in mid-air. (No, not vertically scrolling platforms) Other than that I understand pretty much everything else. I messed around with a test sector but nothing seemed to be working. Any help would be appreciated.

Lol I feel stupid guys after just reading how to get to the FOF setup I figured the rest of it out. I put it in the tool bar so I can access it quickly. It's so simple. Well I got it to work now. From now on I'll fall back on the wiki and stuff for help first. Thanks for putting up the links. They are all bookmarked.

I don't think you should use the FOF wizard tool in srb2 doom builder to make FOFs. If you ever need to make a FOF over a FOF, then the tool will not help you. I think you are better off learning how to make FOFs manually. The first link that BlueZero4 wrote should be sufficient.

That isn't what I meant. The program itself is great. I just think the FOF wizard part of it isn't good.

Sorry, I misread what you said. We'll I'll try and figure out how to make them manually instead then. Why do you think the wizard isn't good though? Just curious.

Torgo said:
If you ever need to make a FOF over a FOF, then the tool will not help you.

Meaning, it can't make FOF over an FOF. It can only handle one FOF in a sector. I also like to be able to place a control sector where I want without having to have to have a THING maker telling the wizard to put the control sector. You also would need to make manual control sectors when you need to do stuff like linedef executors.

I actually think manually making an FOF is faster then doing it through a wizard. That could be because I am used to doing it that way.

Also, doing it yourself will give you a better overall understanding of how they work, rather than relying on the wizard as a crutch.

Jazz said:
Also, doing it yourself will give you a better overall understanding of how they work, rather than relying on the wizard as a crutch.

Kinda, but the wizard is the same thing. Hell, it gave you a few more options, and it VERY hand for colormaps. I ain't trackin down no hex.

Learn to use both, that's what I do.

Nathan Speed said:
I ain't trackin down no hex.

You don't need to. Just find a level containing the color you want, figure out what hex value it's got, and mimic it in your level.

Yeah, on the topic of colormaps, isn't there a way to find the RGB value of a color in paint, and then transfer it to hex thorugh Calculator.

I remember doing it once for Ivy Caverns Zone, but I haven't been here for so long, it's slipped out my head xP

Yeah, I do it like that to get easily made colormaps. Get the values, put them in calculator, then put in in Hex mode to get the Hex color value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back