We should have spoiler tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Questionguy555

OH YEAH!
People like to read ahead of stuff sometimes. But at other times, it could spoil just about anything for the unlucky user. That is why we should have spoiler tags. Then, we would have a choice to read spoilers.

Yes, PLEASE. I've had enough crap spoiled for me as is.

Just a simple tag to highlight and color text the same color would suffice. I'd use the <font> tag, but it dosen't seem to be enabled.

Questionguy555 said:
Chaos Knux said:
*PMs this thread to cueball61 to take into consideration for the new MB*
Everyone please PM the people with power over the forums about having a spoiler tag.

Sorry for starting an Avalanche of PMs... *Aims at Questionguy555*Chaos... BLAST!!!!!!

Chaos Knux said:
Questionguy555 said:
Chaos Knux said:
Everyone please PM the people with power over the forums about having a spoiler tag.

Sorry for starting an Avalanche of PMs... *Aims at Questionguy555*Chaos... BLAST!!!!!!

Stop this. Role playing is lame.

We need spoilers, but it will be heavily abused.

Come on guys, why can't we just make something ourselves with colors? Like this, for instance:

------------------------
Spoliers start here
------------------------

Having the text blocked out is still better, because its easier to pass it by without reading at least a little bit. Not to mention that nobody will use it if it takes that kind of trouble.

This is a feature I would have liked to be in place for the SSBB topic. But its good to know we'll have it eventually.

Chaos Knux said:
Questionguy555 said:
Chaos Knux said:

I said:
All n00bs, like you, must die.
Who said that?

We used to do something on the Slime Online board. Everything was one color so we made the text in the quote in the same color as the quote backround. KTHXBY

That trick is old. The idea is to have a tag so to do the proper thing. Also we could filter spoilers when quoting if we have a tag, so you can quote without having to read the spoiler.

If there is a topic that has spoilers, than just put in the title "Spoilers".
Why should we go through this much trouble just to stop spoilers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back