Netplay Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, my friend sent me an I.P. address to join a game that he created. When I entered in the IP address, it wouldn't work for some reason. The screen froze for about 2 minutes and then it just went back to the title screen. Another problem that I am facing is joining a game in the Master Server. When I connected, I noticed that one game was up, so I decided to join. When I selected to join the game it was loading up, but then the main SRB2.win window closed and another window popped up. It said that I was missing some files, including some wad files. There were a total of four files that I was missing. Can anybody help me connect successfully to a net game?

I get your first problem too, it's normalish.

Your second problem basically means you're trying to connect to a faggy server with all these useless addons you don't need or want. If you DO want their files, use the forum search feature.

So for the first problem, do I just have to try again? Now I understand the second problem, thanks. I just have one more question, how do I create my own server? I know that question sounds retarded but I haven't bothered playing a net game until now.

arnold_the_bartender said:
So for the first problem, do I just have to try again? Now I understand the second problem, thanks. I just have one more question, how do I create my own server? I know that question sounds retarded but I haven't bothered playing a net game until now.
"Host Game" in the multiplayer menu.

And make sure your ports are open before you host one, or you could be around for hours without anyone joining, i should know <_<

I'm not sure what you mean by open ports. Man I feel dumb. ._. Other than that I think i'm ready. Thanks for the help.

Edit: It works now, yay Thanks for the help. Much appreciated. Now i'm going to host a 24 hour server called "Emureactor". Why this name? Because it is the name of another forum that I go to. Anyway, all I need to do is setup a bot, then I will be hosting a 24 hour "match" server. Feel free to pop in anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back