Help with installing custom firmware on PSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrismaticAngel

Dutch word-doer
Okay, when I try to install custom firmware I only get a message ''This game cannot be started. The data is corrupt.''.

Can anyone help with this?

(Oh, and on an off-topic note, I'm still having sound problems with my computer.)

Okay, when I try to install custom firmware I only get a message ''This game cannot be started. The data is corrupt.''.

Can anyone help with this?

(Oh, and on an off-topic note, I'm still having sound problems with my computer.)

You need to use an exploit, you can't run custom firmware off the bat if you can't run homebrew to begin with.

If you're on the latest official firmware there's all the chance you may be screwed, since the latest is locked up pretty tight. When I flashed mine, I downgraded from 2.0 to 1.5, then sat there for a while. Eventually I upgraded to 3.03 OE-C, I think I'm on 5.something cFirmware now.

Still, out of the box, you can't, not without an exploit, you need to know your current firmware version, then look up 'yourversion install custom firmware'.

On a side note, remember guys, homebrew isn't really all that illegal, it's more of a grey area, so just don't go linking game backups and nobody gets hurt. ^_~

You forgot to hide the link.
You are overdoing the joke. >_>

Exploit - Kind of like the Twilight Princess trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back