Hosted game not showing up on MS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now before you guys say "Stop whining" or whatever because of the buzz about the MS, consider what I have to say first. This does NOT have to do with the MS being down or anything of the like because quite frankly it works... when I look for a game to join anyway.

Every time I host a game it successfully says it registers to the MS, but then nobody joins. Even when there were only 2 other games in the MS nobody joined mine at all for a long time. Also, when I tried hosting a game with a buddy trying to join, he told me on MSN that he couldn't see my game on the MS list at all. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I used to host all the time and every single time people would join. Now all of a sudden, nothing. My ports are forwarded, I have a static IP, etc. How do I fix this problem because honestly I'm tired of dealing with choppy servers who set the player limit ridiculously high, players who just sit there lagging the server, etc.

I get this sometimes. I dont even appear in listserv even though i pressed yes on advertise.

Sometimes, I have to host twice to get it to show on the MS/Listserv. Try hosting, exiting, and hosting again.

That's something that's happened to me occasionally, too. Of course, my server always seems to have one problem or another anyway.

that is because of internet connection.
if i use default called internet connection what works with Vlan and i have same problem, and if i use Mokkula (loggy) called internet connection then i have not any problems. :D

tyrzi said:
if i use default called internet connection what works with Vlan and i have same problem, and if i use Mokkula (loggy) called internet connection then i have not any problems. :D

What now?

My connection's decent.

arnold_the_bartender said:
tyrzi said:

What now?

My connection's decent.
Hmm.. well..
1. Buy new net connector what have more power than what you use now.
or
2. don't use Vlan connections
or
3. go to windows firewall and then go to change settings --> exceptions
and add new port.
name 28900
port number 28900
or was it
name 5029
port number 5029
if you choose ptc or udp it doesn't matter and if you add those 2 ports it doesn't matter too.
or
4. Same to you: ''do something. go to youtube and find some explain videos to help yourself.''
or do everything of these.

You mean Wlan right? I've been using Wlan and it's worked before. I have a long wire to get wired connection. I'll just have to wire it through the house. Also, I already did forward both ports 28900 and 5029 on UDP (not needed for TCP) and I even checked again. It's already been done. If the problem had something to do with these, then I wouldn't have made this thread in the first place but apparently it isn't. It's something else from what I can tell but I can't find what's causing it. I didn't modify anything at all. Whenever I host I host the same as I have been over the past 2 years.

arnold_the_bartender said:
You mean Wlan right? I've been using Wlan and it's worked before. I have a long wire to get wired connection. I'll just have to wire it through the house. Also, I already did forward both ports 28900 and 5029 on UDP (not needed for TCP) and I even checked again. It's already been done. If the problem had something to do with these, then I wouldn't have made this thread in the first place but apparently it isn't. It's something else from what I can tell but I can't find what's causing it. I didn't modify anything at all. Whenever I host I host the same as I have been over the past 2 years.
i think about that thing. now i have one broblem too but it's not about srb2. but i say try using better connections or buy connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back