A user advertising wads

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some user named "Link" who pops into my server all the time and he stays in there for about 2 minutes. During that time he just says "Join my server! Full of wads!" or something. Then he just leaves. But that is just an example. All in all, this guy is getting annoying. If possible, how do I kick annoying and useless users off of my server? If not, I guess I'll hit him with some automatic rail rings or something.

He did that in a server I was in last month. I don't know why he does it. Obviously nobody joins servers that a full of wads.

Honestly, wads are overrated in net play. Not only can players be cheap, but also it becomes a hassle and like you said, no one joins those types of servers. I used to have wads in mine, but then I was given info on the negative aspects, so now it is wad free. :D I'm always glad to learn. :mrgreen:

No one can join those servers, anyway. Too many wads make it impossible to download (the inevitable all) of the wads which you don't have. I don't bother....

NeoJames said:
Did it to me to, it should be against the rules

Anyway you could try the console command "ban link"

Tell me how to utilize it. :twisted: Please.

Oh wait, so I just type in "ban <instertusernamehere>" and then that is it?

Yep, but names with apostrophes, spaces or any other random letters must be within inverted commas. For example, Ban "I`ll Begin". please don't ban me

Kicking them works too. Kick "I`ll Begin". But it won't keep them out, so use it a a warning. please don't kick me either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back