What's strange about you?

I think I have more contact with peoples in the internet than peoples in real life (school, home and places that I frequently go physically) and I also fell that it's easier to open myself to an person in the internet than a person that I've meet physically and I barely follow anyone that is from my country in my social medias... It's really weird...

I have weird taste in videogames, I like wierd, obscure and even old stuff but I don't like to talk about it to avoid looking like a weirdo.

I don't know how to say it, so I'll give an example.

Let's say I'm playing through Frozen Hillside Zone, and I'm watching a video. I'm at a specific part of the zone, and I'm in a specific part of the video. Now every time I'm at that specific part of FHZ, I remember that specific part of the video. It's like a discount PTSD!

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

... It's really weird...
That's a good thing, considering this thread is about wierd stuff

Last edited:
Am I the only one who has their Windows display set to 150% magnification? Like holy shit, I just did this a couple days ago and now it feels like I can actually back away from my computer screen a little bit.

You're not alone, dude.

...I also have my display set to 150% magnification.

In rare occasions, I would go to 200% magnification.

I have a problem where sometimes when it's cold I'm sweating and begging for the AC to be turned on ( same thing vise versa ) and I can eat almost anything and before you ask I know this because I ate rotten sandwich meat for a whole week and only noticed afterwards plus I have a humongous Adams apple making it impossible for me to yell like seriously it's like someone stabbed a knife into the back of my neck ( the knife got stuck in there ).

guess who's back, back again

alright so a long time later and I got more weird things about me so let's get to the point.

1. I sometimes have this moment where I'm really good at art but only for like one drawing.
2. I somehow managed to make a Facebook account before knowing what an email is but maybe that's because the security systems for stuff in general was not as good back then.
3. I have to knack for not being good with phones and stuff and I've broken a phone, almost destroyed another, and I'm currently at my third phone yet somehow managed to keep the same charger cord for all this time.
4. I'm terrible at making good original characters yet can make beautiful backstories for original characters and it is not because I'm not willing to make Sonic OC's with detailed character design because I am very much willing to do that even though I have the energy and the courage.
5. last but not least i can't watch realistic horror movies not because of the spoopy Ness because I'm not scared of that stuff but because every time I see one of the gory moments I constantly think of that stuff happening to me but in the way of I slightly feel the pain like I'm that person who is for example getting stabbed in the cheast which is why I can never bring my self to use a knife.

welp that's all the wierd stuff about me so thanks for reading.

I sometimes have in mind a video that I could do, with everything and the voices, the edition, and everything that It would have... although sometimes I say them out loud... and I think it's something strange...

nvm im cis now lol

I+try+_e0d78f8f0b2fbe7fcb8f12fb4e3c91bc.jpg

Last edited:
  • I have an unhealthy obsession for the Mega Man Zero and ZX series.
  • I have Megalophobia, which makes playing space games such as Elite Dangerous rather difficult.
  • I think Sonic Forces is fine at best and painfully mediocre at worst. Never understood the massive hate for it, but it's far from my favorite game either. I do agree with most people however in that the story is hot garbage.
  • I feel that Sonic 4 Episode II was a solid improvement over Episode I, and am somewhat saddened they never finished the trilogy.
  • I think Metal Sonic is the best rival Sonic ever had conceptually and from a character design standpoint, better even than Shadow.
  • After his character arc in SA2, I feel that Shadow would function better within new Sonic plots as a true heroic character rather than the chaotic neutral edgelord he's usually portrayed as.
  • I would rather get a full series reboot that learns from everything so far that did and didn't work and why with a genuine attempt to be great again and tell a consistent story than an Adventure remake.
  • If we did get an Adventure series remake, I would rather it come in anime form than video game form as a two season series.
  • I would really like to see a new Sonic racing game that gives players the choice between a transforming vehicle like in SASRT, Extreme Gear, or going it on foot, with advantages and disadvantages to each playstyle depending on your chosen character.
  • If we ever get a new Sonic spinoff game focused on a character that isn't Sonic, I would much rather it be about someone less fleshed out like Espio, Mighty, Ray, etc. rather than someone prominent and established that we already understand as a character.

That's all I can think of right now for weird things about me and my unpopular opinions.

• After his character arc in SA2, I feel that Shadow would function better within new Sonic plots as a true heroic character rather than the chaotic neutral edgelord he's usually portrayed as.

Man, don't even get me started on how much they've flanderized Shadow since Generations. After SA2, Shadow was always a hero in his own story, or even an anti-hero. Sonic '06 is a prime example of this where while Sonic is going after Eggman, Shadow has his own way more interesting thing going on with Mephiles.

Sonic games since then have been missing that sort of intertwining plot that I was really drawn to back in the days of Adventure through to '06. Now it's all just straightforward "beat the bad guy, save the world" stuff, and any time they include Shadow, or Rouge or Omega for that matter, they're all just surface level interpretations. Team Dark's depiction in Forces was pretty whatever, but Team Sonic Racing downright does those characters dirty with how poorly they were written.

And sure, TSR is a spin-off, but it's symptomatic of a larger, steadily worsening issue the writing in Sonic games has had for the past decade. Somewhere along the way, the writing staff on Sonic games forgot that Sonic and Shadow are actually friends, or friendly rivals if you will, and that's just so sad to me. Rouge is also similarly lacking in nuance now. It's a stark contrast with how they were in their original SA2 appearances.

I know this is all, like, so off topic for this thread, but wanting the old Team Dark back is a hill I will die on, damn it! 😅

I know this is all, like, so off topic for this thread, but wanting the old Team Dark back is a hill I will die on, damn it! ��

While I don't want to derail too far either, I do want to elaborate on this since it does pertain to the opinion you replied to in regards to my previous post (And so is kinda pseudo-ontopic?).

Shadow's character arc in SA2 brought him from a straight up villain at the beginning to a true heroic type at the end. I can excuse Heroes and ShTH because he had memory loss in those, but after that I don't even really feel like he should be an anti-hero considering he has his memories back. His personality at the end of SA2 is as such that he's even more mature and heroic than Sonic. Sonic saves the day primarily for fun and adventure, with it being the right thing being secondary to him. While this does in a way make Sonic more pure-hearted than a majority of story protagonists, Shadow outdoes this by casting aside his selfish desires and becoming a hero willing to outright die if necessary to save lives, even though at the time of SA2's ending Shadow has no true friends or family left. The entire planet he is fighting to save is composed of strangers that have at best treated him poorly if acknowledging him at all, yet he is willing to sacrifice himself for their sake.

The problem of post-06 stories being generally "Eggman is doing bad things, go stop him!" is largely a result of many of the Classic era fans complaining a lot on the internet about how Sonic games were better back in the day when that was the level of simplicity the games had. No cutscenes, no deep plots, few if any friends tagging along, just raw gameplay and a basic excuse for the gameplay to exist. Personally, I think that formula works fairly well for 2D titles such as the original trilogy, CD, Chaotix, Advanced 1-3, Mania, etc.

However, for 3D titles I generally prefer a more complex narrative. When you go from telling a more complex story between 1999-2008 (I also count Unleashed and the storybook sagas in the complex narrative era) to the more simplistic storylines of Colors-Forces, it ends up feeling more watered down than at all improved. Forces did kinda feel self aware regarding that and tried to do better, but in the process it kinda... Tripped and smashed it's face on the pavement. It ends up coming off as a borderline insulting attempt at an edgier, deeper story reminiscent of SA2 and ShTH that feels more out of touch than much else.

Last edited:
I don't like talking to people and being next to them, as well as communication in any way or generally just in the room. even ordinary communication - is horror. no, I'm not afraid of them and I have no "introversion". I just don't want to talk to them. it's sad that this applies to all people, including my relatives. (although, honestly, I have never loved anyone in any way. perhaps I... uh... I don't understand sexual orientations, but maybe I don't love anyone at all). at the moment my task is to make me live alone. I really love physical loneliness.

moreover, this does not apply to the Internet. because, hey, you, I know that you are the person on the other side of the screen who has your own life, your dreams and experiences, but for my brain you are just "something" that sends messages.

thanks you!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back