Why was SUPERCOLOR removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lat'

Absolute territory where
Kart Krew™️
If there is one thing that shocked me in 2.0, this is the remove of SUPERCOLOR option!!

1st of all: We can't choose our own super color for super characters, forced to be Yellow

2nd: Super Knuckles is... wait what? Yellow instead of pink!!!!

If you want to make srb2 as a classic sonic game, why isn't knuckles pink in his super form?

I have found some reason dues to the removal of some options, SA-mode for exemple, but I don't really know why you removed this option for the 2.0.

Because super forms exist only in Match/CTF, where it's important that super players are easy to spot, which is why they're all yellow.

How about add something like a little corona effect under the super players?
It shouldn't be as hard, no?

We're talking about a gametype where the players are moving very fast. A visual cue for super players has to be large and blindingly obvious to make sure nobody misses it. A little corona effect would be way too easy to miss.

We're talking about a gametype where the players are moving very fast. A visual cue for super players has to be large and blindingly obvious to make sure nobody misses it. A little corona effect would be way too easy to miss.

I wonder what type of gametype it could be.
Maybe add to super players a kind of shield? Like the one of Super Sonic in SADX. Unless if another shield looks like this, this will be an obvious visual cue.

A super shield of some sort would probably end up looking like existing regular shields - for instance, yellow ones would look like Attraction shields.

2.1 would completely remove that though.
Since they all have a unique graphic.

Though I do get why super color was removed. It does scream "WATCH OUT" when you see a yellow character in Match or CTF. (Especially CTF).

The only way I CAN see an alternative is the shield actually. And that would have to be held off until 2.1 obviously. :I

You could make super characters glow like they should and add easy-to-spot afterimages to them.

Another thing that could be done is making the invincibility sparkles far more visible than they are now, which needs to happen for normal invincibility too anyway since the current ones can't be detected until opponents are far too close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back