1.09.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheDarkArchon said:
Talk about crap implemention: Why would the original style abilites be immediately blocked off?

Because all of the properties of a skin are initialized to Sonic's defaults before the S_SKIN is read.

I *could* add backwards-compatibility for skins, but very unexpected results would occur if there was a new skin that had properties in the following order:

name = Dude
actionspd = 42
ability = 3

instead of:

name = Dude
ability = 3
actionspd = 42

Because SRB2 is not a 'finished product' yet, there is absolutely no obligation to maintain backwards compatibility with earlier adopters, but I've been trying to do so where it is feasible (all 1.09.x SOCs are mostly compatible with 1.09.4 on purpose).

cueball61 said:
1-Up said:
Now zim died. :cry: Why change zim from glide/climb to float?
Did you mean to update the .exe, because when I installed it it said that the .exe was still .14?

You fail at the interwebs...

Why do you think there is 3 zips in there?
one is zim one is the exe etc and one is tails knux and srb2.srb
You need to download zim.zip and the updated one that's at the top.
That is exactly what I did. What I mean is my favorite character in SRB2 is now no good. Knux is to fast for me, and I like the climb/glide ability. I do not know what to do now on netgames with no wads added...

New for 1.09.3.16:

New console variable - ADVANCEDPRECIP - you can enable this if you have a fast computer to allow rain/snow to not 'fall on air' if a platform moves. No, it will not crash like the past few versions.
Revised stuff for Prime's SOCing
Stat to help with time attacking.
More music experimentation.

Two new actions (see p_mobj.h):
A_SetObjectFlags
and
A_SetObjectFlags2

I don't think anyone understands how this works. This is how it always was. Before the public betas, you just didn't get to see it. We're at revision 1723. This means exactly what you think it means. Now a lot of them weren't stable, or had bugs somewhere, but trust me, before 1.09 came out, we had a bazillion revisions trying to fix various things, and we spread them out to the developers repetitively. Beta versions were always like this, changing every day, sometimes multiple times a day. Welcome to being a developer. Enjoy it, because you won't get them after 1.09.4 comes out ^_~

At least your letting the MessageBoard test it, that's always a good thing, to have a nice helpful community test things before the final thing.

Edit: helpful at SOME times...
Edit2: 1723 revisions? even ZDoom 2.0.99 hasn't gone through that many yet! SRB2 must be the most bugged port in existence *shot*

It's logical. If you've ever actually tried writing a program you'd know that you have to compile it like 2000+ times to get what you want.

Why don't you just make it self update itself SSN -_-"

Then we'll never be behind on versions :P

Every time I see there's been a new post in this subforum, my heart skips a beat...

Every time I go in, I nearly throw my iBook across the room.

Oh, I see...Had enough with super forms? Hyper sonic was removed for a reason. Allowing it for custom characters will not help things at all.

Liek omg my caracta can go hyper im so cool

Well... I'd want a option called allowhyper. Why?
To stop all those crazy Hyper Sonic n00bs (and me, I like Hyper Sonic but attacking us by making a wad that adds Hyper Sonic to the game.
We'd need frames called
PLAYc1
PLAYd1
PLAYe1
PLAYf1
PLAYg1
PLAYh1
PLAYi1
as Hyper STANDING/WALKING sprites. :O
Running sprites would go like this:
PLAYj1
PLAYk1
PLAYl1
PLAYm1
PLAYn1
PLAYo1
PLAYp1
Edge wobbling would be this:
PLAYq1
PLAYr1
PLAYs1
PLAYt1
PLAYu1
PLAYv1
PLAYw1
And getting reflected:
PLAYx1
PLAYy1
PLAYz1
PLAY[1
PLAY\1
PLAY]1
PLAY^1
And that's just 1 direction. 0.o

I'm in the process of making an SRB2 auto-updater program. Every time it's run, it'll check for a new version of SRb2 1.09.x and if it finds one then it downloads and applies it automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back