Sonic the Hedgehog on the Game and Watch?

Chezi

Chili Dogs
A while back, I saw someone hack the SMB Game & Watch so that it could play Doom and it gave me an idea. I really want to get the materials to hack it so that I can make a Sonic the Hedgehog Game & Watch. Instead of SMB and SMB2J, I could try and insert Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 in their place, as well as remake an original G&W game with a Sonic reskin. I think this could be a really interesting project. The only issue that I could possibly see right now is Sonic 2’s size, but I could probably cut out some of it’s content like Multiplayer Mode in order to get it to fit.

This is just an idea I had and I’d really like to hear y’all’s thoughts on this

Because the SMB G&W is meant to play NES games, maybe SMS or GG versions would be the closest to possible. The Ball game isn't a NES game (it's not an actual G&W game either, just a remake), so there still is a chance that the Genesis/Mega Drive version would work. Who knows? ...Wait, someone should put a Raspi Zero inside the G&W!!! That's it!!! The Raspi Zero has a place for a micro SD card, that can be over 32GB! That means the Mega Drive/Genesis, GG and SMS versions can be all inside the G&W! I think that there is/was a Raspi version of SRB2! That means you can play SRB2 with the SMB G&W!!!!!! (But only kinda because they are inside the Raspi that works THROUGH the G&W...)

Last edited:
The guy that modded it to play Doom essentially rewrote the code so that it could play Doom. I wouldn’t even need to mess with the emulator, if it even is running on an emulator. If it can run Doom, it can definitely run Sonic

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back