Resource icon

Remixed Match Maps[v1.1] ~ Mixed-up Match Levels!

StellarStardust

I am the perfect and elegant maid~
Remixed Match Maps

The purpose of this level pack is to completely remake(or remix, if I feel they need special treatment) all existing levels seen in Ringslinger(minus CTF) from the ground up and tailor them to be brought to or at the very least, more closer to the quality of the current singleplayer campaign levels in 2.2. As of now, this pack is incomplete, but future updates will add more onto the roster as each level is completed, including brand new maps.

This map pack also has custom control points for Battle, so it's highly recommended you add Battle AFTER this map pack if you wish to play in the gamemodes of that add-on as this pk3 contains dummy objects to avoid errors that may appear otherwise.

Here's what this pack brings:

• Altered titlemap for the titlescreen.
  • 5 new maps, as well as the previously removed Granite Lake.
  • A separate map version for those who wish to enjoy the original maps and the brand new maps from this pack.
  • A few easter eggs and references or something of the like.(some which i don't expect anybody to get :P)
  • A hidden S3K shield in every map. Can you find them all?
  • Something else, but I've forgotten what it is...
  • And more that'll come in future updates!

List of music used:
Midnight Moor
NiGHTS into Dreams - The Amazing Water

Saltwater Splash
Mega Man Unlimited - Enigma of Aqua(MM8 Style Remix)

Crimson Castle
Rusty - Queen in the Dark Knight(This specific version comes from the romhack; Hellfire Saga)

Sunset Solitude
Yuu Yuu Hakusho Gaiden - Track 5

Merry Meadows
"Angel Island Act 1 (Sanic 3D Blust Edishun)" by YM-SPC 26700

Changelog:
v1
- Initial release.

v1.1
-Minor changes in Saltwater Splash.
-Fixed being able to use a thok barrier as a platform to hide on.
-There's no longer a slimetrail under the waterfall, underwater.
-Fixed a texture's allignment in Merry Meadows.
-Lowered the ceiling for the tunnel in Merry Meadows.
-Patched missing textures in Crimson Castle.

Supporters / Co-Authors:

Attachments

• srb20001.png
    srb20001.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 516
  • srb20252.gif
    srb20252.gif
    7 MB · Views: 479
  • srb20308.png
    srb20308.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 405
  • srb20141.gif
    srb20141.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 379
  • srb20493.png
    srb20493.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 384
  • LM_RMM-v1.1.zip
    13.3 MB · Views: 1,078
Last edited by a moderator:
hey! i liked this level pack. i gathered my three friends and i decided to play this lvl pack with them. what i want to point out is that these levels are much larger than the official levels. is it good? i do not know. we studied each map for five minutes (except for the last) and still found different paths. but playing a match is not very good. to begin with, some maps (especially Crimson Castle) have very large and open spaces. and because of this, my friends and i experienced terrible lags. it was also difficult for us to find each other. i liked playing hide and seek, but tag is much more difficult. most of all (as well as for me and in the opinion of my friends) i liked the map Merry Meadows - a small and beautiful map especially for the match. these levels are for a large number of people (10+ people)

i really love it when cartographers pay attention to the scenery - this is one of the most important parts of mapping

to the post i will attach the errors i found when i researched the map alone

the soundtrack on the Sunset Solitude map is too loud

Attachments

• srb20112.gif
    srb20112.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 222
  • srb20026.jpg
    srb20026.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 224
  • srb20027.jpg
    srb20027.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 236
Updated to v1.1. This fixes some errors and adds a few minor changes. Details are in the changelog.

@StellarStardust I've come back to this and I've realized a small problem, you seems to have duplicate wads of the included match maps in the RMM-SEP file, and the map names seem to be in a different order. I personally think this method in map loading isn't as optimized as it could be.
This is causing me some grief when designing my server SOC and BLua scripts.

I'm not sure if you'd even continue work on these, so could you consider converting this addon to be reusable?
If not, could I have permission to edit and host a version of these maps without loading the duplicate maps?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back