[Open Assets] VS Shadow The Hedgehog (Boss)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

ManimiFire

Meow Motherfuckers.
OK, so after a lot of months, I finally took action and attempted to remake the Shadow Boss... CarlosGamer helped me with the boss arena, Sapheros helped me with some lua like "Homing Thok Ability" and ability for shadow's chaos spears to shatter crates, and more! And also I got help from Speedwagon's chaos blast function! So, after all of this, Shadow has finally got remade!

You can also find the explosion sprites of the chaos spear from that website.

2j0xs1u.png

gif
UGKnOfJ.gif

Thank you guys for help me to make Shadow better!

Attachments

• sc_vsshadow.rar
    458.3 KB · Views: 3,176
Last edited:
You got the right idea, it's just the execution isn't right. When Shadow jumps, he has advantage over yours which I think is unfair, considering that in games like Sonic Adventure 2 that's not the case. Also, his attacks are way to fast leaving for no reaction time.

Its hard to tell exactly WHEN you can strike shadow. In a future update please make Shadow's vulnerability state more noticeable. Other then that good job. :)

You got the right idea, it's just the execution isn't right. When Shadow jumps, he has advantage over yours which I think is unfair, considering that in games like Sonic Adventure 2 that's not the case. Also, his attacks are way to fast leaving for no reaction time.
I didn't have much trouble with him, but I guess it expects you to be on the move all the time.

I agree with Speedwagon's post. It's kind of hard to tell that his jump damages you at first, I jumped into it purposefully at first. Maybe add a thok trail or something?

Shadow's fire trail felt like it had too much reach too.

Also, some minor nitpics:

• The texture used for the tar on the road is way too dark, Shadow blends in with it at times. Maybe brighten it up?
  • Also, the sign graphic is pretty ugly. You took the signpost from Sonic 1, scribbled some orange lines on it with MS Paint, colored the sign part in light green and wrote "Welcome to Colon City" in like Arial or w/e. I'd consider replacing it with something better.
  • The arena also feels pretty barren with just a few tiny buildings and the road.
Overall, not too bad. A pretty decent boss.

Last edited:
It's an alright fight, but the flame attack that he can use is nearly impossible to avoid.
It would have been nice to see him use attacks like his Chaos Spear, Chaos Control, or even Chaos Blast. Perhaps the more he takes damage, the more attacks he'll use. Ranging from a homing attack and spin to begin - to using Chaos Spear, Chaos Blast and then Chaos Control.
EDIT: Also, the teleport animation looks a bit off, maybe try adding an effect for when he disappears and reappears.

But still, an overall okay fight.

Ok then, after a lot of months, the shadow boss has been finally updated! Thanks to Sapheros, CarlosGamer and Speedwagon for the help.

Ok then, after a lot of months, the shadow boss has been finally updated! Thanks to Sapheros, CarlosGamer and Speedwagon for the help.

Yay!
I'm gonna have more fun with this!
If you were going to do another character fight, who would it be? (my idea would be a VS Super Sonic, which would be an endurance fight whilst having some racing moments, thought it would sound cool)

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

also, i noticed a massive flaw in this wad, after 40 seconds the map (and in turn, the entire game) suffers from severe lag spikes caused by this map
trust me, it's like 10 FPS
i tested the old version and it didn't suffer from the same bug :/

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back