Official SRB2 TeamSpeak 3 Beta Server (DEAD!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonict

The server is dead. Do not use!

What is Teamspeak? Link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TeamSpeak

To continue the legacy of this thread: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=21868

Yes. We are back on TeamSpeak! The server is now on SRB2.org and is still hosted by me. At the moment, TS3 is in public beta. I have tried it out and it kicked Ventrilo's ass in every which way possible. I now see no reason why people should continue to use it since TS has a much better license agreement and it also has a native linux client.

Note: Instructions are at the bottom of this post. I hope no one will ask for "instructions" on how to connect to the server.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

To connect to the server, type this in: srb2.org <-- The port is 9987

Rules of the Server

Not made yet...

Server Administrators

• Sonict
  • Cue
Global Channel Operators

None ATM.

Instructions on how to download and set up the client

First thing is that you need to download the TS3 client (Beta 32 at the time of this post) for your OS.

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

The next step is installing the client. Once it is done, load up the program. After that, use the "Setup wizard" which will guide you through the steps to get you started.

Once you are done, click on the "Connection" menu and choose "connect". You will see a dialog that has a few text boxes. One of them is a "nickname" text box where you input your nick. Under the one that says "address" put in: srb2.org . Click "Connect" and you should be in the channel lobby of the server.

Note: At the time of this post, when you log in the server, it will look like that you are the only one on it. This is because you need to click on the fifth icon to your right in the toolbar that looks like an "eye". Once you do that, you will now see if there are users in any other channel other than the one that you are in.

I hope to see you guys there again. Right now, it seems to be catching on in the IRC room.

Last edited:
Just a small note to mention that things are still being worked out so don't be surprised if the server crashes or if somehow people are allowed to do things that they shouldn't be able to do. TeamSpeak 3 is a public beta for a reason. Not many people seem to know this and thus, decide to ***** that "it sucks and crashes" and then never use it again. The whole purpose of the public beta is to see how the userbase can test it out to report bugs that got missed in the alpha testing and also let their suggestions be heard so the devs can take appropriate action.

Little tidbit for you folk:

Click the TS3 Server link in the navigation bar to bring up a channel and user list, then you can connect to it by clicking the link at the top of the box. :3

I wish I could get this, but it's annoyingly impossible. No admin privs no TS3 chat. :(

It could, but how many people even see it, let alone use it?

On another note, The server is now running TS3 Beta 5. You guys should update your clients since there has been loads of bug fixes.

Oops! I see an error.
tserror.png

I dunno why that script that Cue installed hasn't seen the server yet. That is why it is erroring out. Since I restarted the server, this has occured. You will have to wait for Cue.

It could, but how many people even see it, let alone use it?

On another note, The server is now running TS3 Beta 5. You guys should update your clients since there has been loads of bug fixes.
I'll just mention that it's part of the community, so shouldn't it go in the community tab? The MS link, Wiki, and main site are all shoved into that tab, so what makes the TS3 server any special? :<

(screw you Cue it isn't nagging nor whining it's mentioning)

Because nobody looks at the community tab, and everyone knows about the wiki, MS and such, because they get linked every god damn day. The TS3 Server needs attention.

And this thread isn't enough?

Honestly, the MS, main site, etc never got their own links on the navbar. For example, the wiki:

People found out about that through a topic not unlike this one. It didn't need a fancy navbar link. People used it because they found the topic and decided it looked like a good idea. If someone is interested in the Teamspeak server, they'll find this topic and use the server.

(My apologies if I'm rambing or digressing. I just felt the need to get my point across.)

The Main Site is obvious as to why it can be found, the MS too. Everyone links the Wiki on a regular basis, so everyone knows about it.

You can stop whining now, it's under Quick Links.

Cue, you also kinda broke the Impact Header skin. The background isn't meant to be gray like that.

Little tidbit for you folk:

Click the TS3 Server link in the navigation bar to bring up a channel and user list, then you can connect to it by clicking the link at the top of the box. :3

fixed the ts3 URL for you, it was localhost, now it's srb2.org

Last edited:
Oh balls, yes, I forgot it actually links to the server using that... =P

Hey guys. I updated the server to beta 9. The current client is at beta 7 at the time of this post. Remember to update your clients ASAP.

(Heh. Doesn't this remind you of SRB2 1.09.3.x :D)

Well, downloaded Teamspeak 3, and I am now connected...

Kinda confusing at first, but meh.

Last edited:
Hi, Guys. I know I am late on this, but as of a few minutes ago, I have updated the server to Beta 18.

You must have at least client beta 13 or higher to connect to the server!

I hope I don't receive any complaints that you can't connect and I find out you are still using an out of date version.

Yes, this beta is like SRB2 1.09.3.x. It is annoying :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back