Pangya - Anime style MMO Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are a couple of fun screenshots.

http://tets.sepwich.com/stuff/pangya_011.jpg - My second hole in one, though it counts as my first since stats aren't carried over with A18 account recovery. I scored it in a tournament just last Friday. Notice the ridiculous 9m crosswind, this was completely unexpected.

http://tets.sepwich.com/stuff/pangya_014.jpg - This one is even more insane. Yesterday while we were playing Shining Sand, Senku shot into one of the bouncy things (they look like stargates) and the ball rolled directly into the cup after landing on the green. Senku is the luckiest guy ever.

Now, everyone, don't be put off by "anime style" or "MMO" in the description of this game. If you legitimately have a complaint about the art style, you probably hate any game that isn't about space marines or super soldiers. And the closest the game gets to "MMO" is in tournaments, in which you hardly even see the other players. Bigboi is just trying to be clever, and he's doing a bad job of it, so pay him no heed. This game actually is fun.

We've got an irc channel on espernet called #srb2pangya, so check that out if you want.

You guys get lucky with your hios, I have to calculate everything and even then I'll miss half the time. Ah well, still a fun game.

I nearly scored a planned hole in one last night, while playing Deep Inferno. It hit the beam, but still went too far to backspin into the cup. I was just 0.8 off. I was pretty sad. :(

Tets said:
Bigboi is just trying to be clever, and he's doing a bad job of it, so pay him no heed.

Well, I was more put off by the MMO concept than anything, and considering that it's not an MMO in the slightest, it seems alright. The anime style is way too... effeminate for me to get into, though.

Also, reading parts of the main site gives me the impression that it's a very casual game.

Bigboi said:
Tets said:
Bigboi is just trying to be clever, and he's doing a bad job of it, so pay him no heed.

Well, I was more put off by the MMO concept than anything, and considering that it's not an MMO in the slightest, it seems alright. The anime style is way too... effeminate for me to get into, though.

Also, reading parts of the main site gives me the impression that it's a very casual game.

Its golf. Its not WoW or PSU or a gun game. Of course golf is casual.

Connor said:
Sounds interesting, whilst golf is possibly one of the sport/hobbies I think only an idiot would play, this sounds semi-interesting, yet only because I'm throughly interested in anime. I think I'll try this......

You calling my brother an idot

Going back to topic

looks good

but i'm not intrested in golf

Just asking, but are all the characters females?
I want to play as a Male.... Anyways if its just females, can't people pretend their gender? :x

BlueZero4 said:
I dunno. I have Pangya on the Wii (Super Swing Golf), and the biggest highlight is that you can be incredibly bad at golf around your friends. The characters look kinda stupid anyhow.

Just the first one? Or both? Anyways I heard the second one is tons better!

PangYa Fantasy Golf

Game released for PSP several weeks ago. Since its the latest game. Does anyone know how good it is?

supersonic45 said:
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s1/Sweatdr0p/vocaloid08_farewell.jpg

Found this at a KR+USA Pangya blog. Apprantely I'm right, Volcaloid characters ARE in Pangya afterall. But it seems the characters are a limited time thing that Ntreev does every year or something.

But, if you look at it. At the bottom of the picture. You see its a JP event.

If you can run SRB2, you can probably run Pangya

pangya004.jpg

Suck it

This game frustrates me, as no matter how much I play it doesn't feel like I'm improving at all- I still suck no matter how much i try to get better. Plus, all the stuff in the in-game store which actually might make the characters look half decent costs a bunch of actual money, and I can't see a single club which doesn't cost actual money as well.

Other than those, the game is pretty fun.

^I agree

BUT! The PANGYA creators/owners have a special website. You can sign up for like games for example and get points. Its better then spending 10 bucks for 30 minutes of your time.

Orangelink said:
This game frustrates me, as no matter how much I play it doesn't feel like I'm improving at all- I still suck no matter how much i try to get better. Plus, all the stuff in the in-game store which actually might make the characters look half decent costs a bunch of actual money, and I can't see a single club which doesn't cost actual money as well.

Other than those, the game is pretty fun.

Even if you somehow had those items, you won't magically be better. This game really relies on you and not your items. The items help a bit, but it still boils down to you in the end.

If you need coaching, Crazy can certainly help you on the irc channel. I can try and help you as well. This game requires lots of practice. Maybe you are playing on the tough courses?

Keep on trying. Eventually, it will suddenly click.

Autosaver said:
BUT! The PANGYA creators/owners have a special website. You can sign up for like games for example and get points. Its better then spending 10 bucks for 30 minutes of your time.

Really? Where can you find this website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back