Draykon Vokelda WAD.... (Draykonneo.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Plushima

Princess of Dreams
Judge
...is nowhere near finished. However I do have the abilities, and most of the back frames finished, so I thought I'd make a release.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ursoie
(Once again, sendspace gives me a wierd URL)

I'm too lazy to get screenshots, but one of the sprites is used in my avatar so... yeah.
His abilities include a twirly spindash, an energy blast, and a unique ability, Meteor Kick.
Right now it's incredibly obvious that I edited Metalsonic, as I've yet to include a life icon, life monitor, or placeholder sprites for any other angles. But you can live with it. :P

Oh yes, and before I forget, the sprites are hand drawn, scanned, then edited beyond recognition, entirely by myself. No recoloring involved.

Edit: Ok, here's a screenshot:

You now have absolutely no reason not to download :P

Edit:
Just thought I'd make a quick update to show that I am still working on this. I've only added a few new sprites (Two of which are headless) But I've made a few key updates, including turning the hair black, and making the belt color changing.
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=df132f52fe7f8ec3d6ded8a8d7bcf680
Still too lazy to fix walking though.

Highres produces no problems on my end, no highres means he's giant, with screwed up collison detection. I'll stick with the no problems >_>

Because HIRES screws up in OpenGL. However, PrettySRB2 fixes that minor issue. :)

I hate to sound demanding, but could anyone actually say anything about the WAD itself? What you like? What you don't like? Anything you want added? (Aside from all the other angles of course) I'd like to be able to improve this before I get it finished.

I think this is pretty interesting, but I think I can spot some things that could be better.

I think the running animation is a bit small, or disproportionate. Probably the later, because the head seams about the same size, but the body is smaller.

I would like to see some anti aliasing, at least in the places inside the outlines.

Speaking of outlines, the body outlines are a bit better than the head ones.

Other than that, some neat sprite work.

Well I see you haven't really moved his arms the way I told you to. So I guess if you want it to move like a robot (in case it really IS one), then go ahead. Running looks more like he's trying to slow down from running on top of ice, or slipping.

The character itself still seems too simple, but I guess I'm too much of a crittic.

when i play him he randomly turns into a tiny metal sonic for a second then turns back to normal. Why is this?

Draykon said:
...is nowhere near finished. However I do have the abilities, and most of the back frames finished, so I thought I'd make a release.
Read that

Draykon said:
Right now it's incredibly obvious that I edited Metalsonic, as I've yet to include a life icon, life monitor, or placeholder sprites for any other angles. But you can live with it. :P
And that..

Its a test to see how we like the back frames. He will probably continue with the other frames when he has enough comments to go by.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Well I see you haven't really moved his arms the way I told you to. So I guess if you want it to move like a robot (in case it really IS one), then go ahead.
In all honesty, I just forgot to fix that. I'll get right on it.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Running looks more like he's trying to slow down from running on top of ice, or slipping.
Perhaps because I animated it inproperly, he actually takes four steps in a full animation cycle, most characters take 2.

Torgo said:
I think the running animation is a bit small, or disproportionate. Probably the later, because the head seams about the same size, but the body is smaller.
Ah, I thought there was something wrong about that, other than the fact that it moves too fast of course.

Torgo said:
I would like to see some anti aliasing, at least in the places inside the outlines.
What exactly do you mean by that?

Torgo said:
Speaking of outlines, the body outlines are a bit better than the head ones.
"Better" I LOVE specific words. But seriously, what do you mean by "better"?

But yeah, thanks for the feedback guys.

I think that the head outlines should be more subtle, meaning not pure black. You can toy around with shading to make it look more like spikes, or whatever they are meant to be.

And forget the anti-aliasing comment, its not important. Anti-aliasing looks weird close up anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back