This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Just something I'd like to mention in case of any confusion...

It seems like DirkTheHusky has done his own port of your original Insta-shield script. Though since this script originally belongs to you and you rewrote it, this is perfectly fine for release!

Since this is the official insta-shield sprites, I may as well throw the custom sprites I did in the port I did in a ZIP here. In case if you want to replace the current ones. Of course, credit me if used.

attachment.php

Attachments

• UpdatedInstaShieldSprites.zip
    9.9 KB · Views: 325
  • InstaShieldCompare.png
    InstaShieldCompare.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 4,202
Just played through the vanilla game with this. Got a few notes.
Fang is by FAR the most useful boss to use the insta-shield on! The slight increase to range coupled with the invincibility lets you easily attack him when he tries to jump on you, which normally ends badly. The fantastic upwards range also helps.
I find using the insta-shield most useful in Red Volcano Zone, followed by Egg Rock Zone. The enemies and the stage hazards in RVZ have defensives that are perfect for the insta-shield to cut through, and ERZ lasers are also a good opportunity to shield past.
The chance to insta-shield those dumb turtles in Arid Canyon is very satisfying as well.
I do have one question, though. The insta-shield activates just by holding spin and then jumping. Is this intentional? Or is it supposed to be more like a shield, where it only activates once you press spin in the air, and not by holding spin beforehand?

This mod is pretty awesome, but i have a question, can you make a version where it is double jump instead of jump+spin? I wanna use this with climbdash, or maybe if its possible for me to do it myself (i got absolute 0% experience with lua, its like japanese to me.), could you tell me how?

What part of the LUA do I need to edit if I want to change it to activate with jump in midair, while not ruining the code that disables it if Sonic has a shield? I'm still wanting to learn how to code LUA, and I almost think learning how to edit stuff like this could be a decent start.

What part of the LUA do I need to edit if I want to change it to activate with jump in midair, while not ruining the code that disables it if Sonic has a shield? I'm still wanting to learn how to code LUA, and I almost think learning how to edit stuff like this could be a decent start.
Replace all of the - BT_USE with BT_JUMP

Replace all of the - BT_USE with BT_JUMP
Looking through the code has no instances of BT_USE. I don't think those are even recognized phrases.

Just so you know, if your .zip/.rar extractor app has the ability to, you can open the .pk3 as an archive and then edit the .Lua directly from there.

You can just rename the JumpSpinSpecial hook to AbilitySpecial and remove any checks for PF_SPINDOWN.

I haven't looked at my code for this in a while so I'm not sure if there would be any issues but that should get it working how you want at a basic level.

You can just rename the JumpSpinSpecial hook to AbilitySpecial and remove any checks for PF_SPINDOWN.

I haven't looked at my code for this in a while so I'm not sure if there would be any issues but that should get it working how you want at a basic level.
I just tried it; there was only one check for PF_SPINDOWN, so I thought that alone could work, but it still activates only on Spin, and I dunno how to make it remove the thok in its place.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back