Drippy Docks (v1.3)

GreatWario

Adventurer
Somewhere in a mid-mountainous region, a tiny, tiny town sits at the waterfront. With it's claim to fame a centuries old dock that has been under constant upkeep, visitors come now and then to take in the sweet but salty air, the fresh atmosphere, and now kart races!

Ladies and gentlemen, we're going to Drippy Docks!

attachment.php

Drippy Docks is my very first map made for SRB2Kart. It takes you through a bright, scenic (yet small) village to its famous dock, where you'll hop onto a ship and then to the local island, all culminating in an exciting cliff jump back to the mainland! Juuuuuuust be wary of any wandering Toads that may have gotten themselves lost. Also there may be something suspicious going on in the bushes near the starting line...

Encore mode is also supported, so have fun with that too!

Changelog:

ver1.0
Released

ver.1.1
The road on the southern part of the island has been expanded
A proper death pit has been added directly below the bridge.

ver.1.2
There is now proper water under the bridge! The river is now complete!

The nose of the bode has been tilted upward to make it's spring sector more visible to oncoming drivers. Also it's been made thicker, so the jump can be more easily made at it's corners.

Adjusted placement of silly wandering Toads on the track. Hey it's their fault if they get hit!

ver.1.3
Changed the Map Number to 70 to avoid addon conflicts.

Attachments

• DDocksgif2.gif
    DDocksgif2.gif
    7.9 MB · Views: 358
  • DDockspng1.png
    DDockspng1.png
    252 KB · Views: 3,049
  • DDockspng3.png
    DDockspng3.png
    317.6 KB · Views: 362
  • DDockspng2.png
    DDockspng2.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 355
  • DDocksgif1.gif
    DDocksgif1.gif
    4.1 MB · Views: 411
  • KR_DrippyDocks_v1.3.pk3
    7.2 MB · Views: 401
Last edited:
Welcome to releases! though, I did have issues on my first time with this turn here. I seem to constantly be flying off from not turning left enough. I dunno if perhaps the road should be wider, or something, or perhaps its just me.

Attachments

• kart0038.gif
    kart0038.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 239
Awesome map, I seriously don't know what it is about the small bridge section at the start that I really love. The brush covered ramp is seriously a great touch. The final stretch past the boat seems a little precarious but I'll wait till I can get a group test going to see how crowded it gets.

Last edited:
Awesome map, I seriously don't know what it is about the small bridge section at the start that I really love. The brush covered ramp is seriously a great touch. The final stretch past the boat seems a little precarious but I'll wait till I can get a group test going to see how crowded it gets.

Hey thanks! I'm glad you like it! Lemme know how that goes in a group. Chances are I'll expand that southern part of the island in a later version if need be.

I managed to end up underneath the first bridge.

Attachments

• kart0002.png
    kart0002.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 228
I know it's a bit too soon for an update already. but I had to make some much needed changes in ver 1.1!

The road on the southern part of the island has been expanded, and a proper death pit has been added directly below the bridge.

Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Version 1.2 is released!

There is now proper water under the bridge! The river is now complete!

The nose of the boat has been tilted upward to make it's spring sector more visible to oncoming drivers. Also it's been made thicker, so the jump can be more easily made at it's corners.

Adjusted placement of silly wandering Toads on the track. Hey it's their fault if they get hit!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back