Which level do you like/hate the most in SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... there isn't much to be said about what I think, but I was about to dislike Egg Rock Zone mainly because when I first got to it as Sonic, only needed 1 Emerald, and only had 3 Lives left... (I used up my Continue as well.) I kept dying and replaying the Zone just trying to get pass ERZ1.

After passing it for the first time, BOOM! Sigsev and back to ERZ1 I had to go... (This was in a old version before SRB2 had to be updated, where sometimes in ERZ2, the game Sigsevs.)

But after playing it over and over again, I can pretty much avoid losing even 1 life. As they say, practice makes perfect, well... mostly until you screw up.
-----
Special Stage 7's challenge, I rate it as for First Times, Hard, the stage is a nightmare as Sonic, but after failing it and marking out the jumps that you need to make in order to obtain that last emerald from it. The stage after trying it many times I give it a Semi-Med in Challenge, because after failing so many times, you KNOW how to complete the stage in time.

Knuckles & Tails have no problem completing Special Stage 7, mainly because they can save themselves by flying/guiding, while Sonic just has to avoid falling. Because 1 slip = Start Over.
-----
My least might be Castle Eggman Zone 2, sure I know it's not finished, but I am expecting something out of it, because it kinda takes place partly in the castle before getting to the exit, which might be areas which should lead you fully inside the Castle before you get to the Final Exit.

Another example would be in Arid Canyon Zone 1, where you have to go into a Cave from the roof, and I was thinking that ACZ2 might take place inside the Mountain with some parts going outside and back inside.

Just my 2 cents, so I can be wrong.

And that's maybe all I can say for now, unless I come up with something better to say, at least.

Last edited:
Like: EggRock act 1 and 2
Dislike: Special Stage 7 of 2.0. Well I dislike it less then when I was constantly complaining about it, but it's still at the bottom of the list. the gap between that and Midnight Abyss Zone (1.09.4) has shrunk.

Last edited:
Castle Eggman Zone Act 2, hands down. It's massively unrefined (and unfinished) and the gimmicks we have there just aren't fleshed out properly at all. I also have a slight dislike for CEZ1 and THZ1 because I don't think they're very fleshed out, and could use some new content.

CEZ in general is unfinished and it really shows.

~SINGLE PLAYER~
Favorite - Egg Rock Zone, Act 2
It was sorta hard chosing betwine this and Arid Canyon. Egg Rock 2 wins hough, with some amazing gimmiks, the mini boss, and the epic song in the back ground. This is one of thelongest and hardest SRB2 levels I've played.

Least Favorite - Techno Hill Zone, Act 1
While not bad, it could have really been called Green Flower act 4. Looks alot the same, and quite gimmikless. Not saying it's BAD, but still the most boring.

~MATCH~
Favorite - Thunder Citadel Zone
I really like this one. Not much else to say.

Least Favorite - Tidal Palace Zone
WATER D:

~CAPTURE THE FLAG~
Favorite - Twisted Terminal Zone
More hard choises. Close Second would be Icicle Falls Zone.

Least Favorite - Nimbus Ruins Zone
Blade was hit by Mystic's Rail Ring.
Blade has fallen into a bottomless pit.

~RACE~
Favorite - Thunder Factory Zone
.....What?

Alright, 2.0.4 favorite is Race Alley Zone.

Least Favorite - Warped Woods Zone
Don't you hate it when you dislike a map, but can't quite say WHAT you don't like about it?

My Favorite level would be either Aerial Garden or Desolated Twilight.
I like Aerial Garden Because It's Basically a Temple and It can be a real Challenge sometimes even though Its old and I like Desolated Twilight because... I love the Night and I love this level's Design (You can get some epic Death Zones here (In Match)).

My least Favorite level would be.. Um Icicle Falls... Lets just say I keep getting owned when I Swim.

Never heard of those three levels, sorry.

I meant in Single Player, actually... And what comes with the game, not what you download. But I guess that's technically valid.

All of these are in the game. Desolate Twilight and Icicle Falls are Match levels, and Neo Aerial Garden is an unlockable single player level. But since you haven't beat Deep Sea Zone yet, you can't have unlocked it yet.

I agree with Blade with the SP levels. As for match...

FAVORITE: Noxious Factory Zone
LEAST: Desolate Twilight Zone

CTF

FAVORITE: Twisted Terminal Zone
LEAST: Silver Cascade Zone

CIRCUIT

FAVORITE: Metallic Hall Zone
LEAST: Slumber Circuit Zone

All of these are in the game. Desolate Twilight and Icicle Falls are Match levels, and Neo Aerial Garden is an unlockable single player level. But since you haven't beat Deep Sea Zone yet, you can't have unlocked it yet.

Nah, anyone know any codes? *shot*

Since I always like sky levels in Sonic games (Sky Sanctuary was epic in S3&K and had the BEST MUSIC) I might actually try Deep Sea Zone.

How do you unlock it?

There are no codes, but I would suggest to find it out yourself. If you really want to know it, look at the wiki.

IMO its not that long. But people who are new to it are probably gonna be like "OMQ when is it gonna end?!?!!11!111"

Also, I don't have to refresh the page for vBulletin? That is awesome!

IMO its not that long. But people who are new to it are probably gonna be like "OMQ when is it gonna end?!?!!11!111"

Also, I don't have to refresh the page for vBulletin? That is awesome!

Well I don't mind long levels, I only mind water...

And it's a sky level and I love sky levels, I like the feeling that I'm up high. I thought Sky Sanctuary in S3& was awesome to look at, actually, and if this level is anything like one of the Match levels that reminds me of Angel Island I'll probably love it as well. I like it when there's nature in levels, they always have a nice feel to me.

The level I hate the most? I'd have to say, the entire Mystic Realm. It was popular but was totally overrated.

The level I like the most? I know it's kind of out there, and sorta noobish, but wheex.wad made by Ash was almost like sex.

I should rephrase that. It takes longer than ERZ2, unless you're playing as Tails.

Glad I'm playing as Tails.

I've heard Eggrock is a bitch, but I'll worry about that when I get there, THEN I'll hate the level's guts.

I know I'll hate it because it's the last level and technology levels don't really appeal to me, they're certainly nothing to look at, and scenery is part of what I judge a level on.

I like Greenflower because I like it's theme, but I'm sick of doing it, which is why it's not my favorite.

Also yes I don't like Techno Hill that much, because I'm sick of doing it. I've had my fill of that level playing the older crappy version of SRB2, kind of frustrating the first new level I get to is the most frustrating. Reminds me of why I hated Launch Base from Sonic 3, stupid water. I was glad when it dropped off the radar after that.

The level I hate the most? I'd have to say, the entire Mystic Realm. It was popular but was totally overrated.

The level I like the most? I know it's kind of out there, and sorta noobish, but wheex.wad made by Ash was almost like sex.

Well, I meant levels already existing in SRB2, and single player levels, but people seem to not get that and post match levels, so at this point it's kind of become irrelevant.

I liked Mystic Realm, it reminded me of a fantasy setting where as most of the other stuff makes me think of sci-fi.

Last edited:
I know I'll hate it because it's the last level and technology levels don't really appeal to me, they're certainly nothing to look at, and scenery is part of what I judge a level on.
If you think there's nothing to look at, this level will prove you wrong.

I like Greenflower because I like it's theme, but I'm sick of doing it, which is why it's not my favorite.
Really, I find it to be bland as hell. It's not even interesting to look at.

If you think there's nothing to look at, this level will prove you wrong.

Really, I find it to be bland as hell. It's not even interesting to look at.

I like nature, one thing I like about Greenflower is that it has grass and hills and cliffs, but it also has some water, which is nice, because the water isn't overwhelming and is optional. Plus, it can be fun to play in and I like to run over it.

I've seen vids of Eggrock, it looks too... um, metal-y?

Going upside down looks... interesting.

And by 'interesting' I mean "OH GAWD IT'S ANOTHER DEATH EGG LEVEL! NOOOO!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back