Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we all love having our SRB2 directory flooded with PNGs. I seriously need to find a program to turn all those into an AVI or something.

STARTMOVIE STOPMOVIE doesn't even record sound, does it?

I prefer Fraps. No silly capture regions to set up, it's all automated. Only downside is that it only works within DirectX and OpenGL drawing surfaces.

STARTMOVIE STOPMOVIE doesn't even record sound, does it?

I prefer Fraps. No silly capture regions to set up, it's all automated. Only downside is that it only works within DirectX and OpenGL drawing surfaces.
Yeah. But there is one problem. The video files are huge. I recorded one four minute video and the file size is 1.7GB. Took 9 hours to upload it to YouTube. Now I keep asking for a new hard drive. And no. STARTMOVIE doesn't record sound.

You shouldn't really be uploading fraps files directly to Youtube, run them through Movie Maker or something first.

I'd rather just record a demo and hand it out to people. If they don't know how to run it or can't be bothered to, I don't really give a ****.

Anybody else notice the 3-year bump, though? Funny to see SSNTails was already sarcastic over STARTMOVIE back then.

You shouldn't really be uploading fraps files directly to Youtube, run them through Movie Maker or something first.
I ran them through Windows Movie Maker before. For those that have XP(such as me) it screws up the quality. Along with YouTube's crappy uploader which makes the video quality REALLY bad.

I ran them through Windows Movie Maker before. For those that have XP(such as me) it screws up the quality. Along with YouTube's crappy uploader which makes the video quality REALLY bad.

I got XP and Movie Maker, there's a trick to getting it in good quality, choose save to computer, and make it DVD quality instead of best playback for your computer, works great for me.

I got XP and Movie Maker, there's a trick to getting it in good quality, choose save to computer, and make it DVD quality instead of best playback for your computer, works great for me.
I tried again. It only messed up quality for BlitzSonic videos. It works fine with SRB2 on my new computer for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back