E3 Discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairebun

Community Noise Maker
Sonic Team Junior
Jesus christ, Nintendo. 2D Metroid with a new combat system. Revival of Kirby GCN. An update of M&L with a side mode that has a unique combat system. Big band Mario with lyrics. Obligatory Sanic. Fucking Metroid Prime 4.

I'm actually pissed, because I didn't want to get a Switch, but Nintendo is basically gunning me down right now with shit that I need to buy. Plus I have a ton more reasons to keep playing my 3ds now. The only ways Nintendo could have possibly topped this would have been to announce Pikmin 4 or an oldschool Paper Mario successor.

So uh, your highlights?

I figured I was going to end up getting a Switch for the holidays just from Mario Odyssey's existence, but actually seeing it played makes me quite hyped, as I loved the hell out of SM64 and am happy to see more non-linear gameplay out of Mario. Xenoblade 2 and the double Metroid is just icing on the cake.

Also, hnng I NEED the Tiki amiibo...Fire Emblem dragon lolis <3

Also, hnng I NEED the Tiki amiibo...Fire Emblem dragon lolis <3
latest

From this years e3, I was watching just for more Sonic Mania + Forces information, and to see if I could find out anything regarding the upcoming XCOM 2 expansion.

The gameplay footage of Mania looks exciting, the gameplay footage of Forces is uninteresting to me, but oh well.

Other games I found out about and am interested in, include Marvel's Spider-Man as the combat is similar to the Arkham games which I really enjoyed. And Spider-Man 2 on the PS2 was a pretty good game, even with the pizza song. (of course, it's a PS4 exclusive and I still have no interest in getting a PS4. So maybe, if it ever gets ported to PC or something in a few years? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Mario Odyssey looks great too. Good thing Mystic covered that one first!

Now that I know why nintendo C&D'd the fan made metroid 2 remake, I can pretty much say that they can go fuck themselves and that I'm not buying them anything ever.

Now that I know why nintendo C&D'd the fan made metroid 2 remake, I can pretty much say that they can go fuck themselves and that I'm not buying them anything ever.

With that attitude, don't expect to get another Metroid game ever after this :^)

?????

surely the fact that they have something to offer instead of AM2R at least justifies their motivations

if they were shutting it down just to stop fan content from existing, that would be worse

Personally I'm greatly hyped for Shadow of War, after finishing about twice the previous title. Also obligatory Assassin's Creed has some eye catching scenery and gameplay, though the steering arrows are a bit out of place.

Speaking of Ubisoft, as somebody who enjoyed Black Flag's naval gameplay a bit too much, I certainly was pleasantly surprised by Skull & Bones.

The Nintendo games also make me wish I had enough money to buy a Switch. Unfortunately a 3DS is currently on my wishlist..

I was quite cynical and assholish about this at first, but Actual Metroid 2 Remake (still AM2R because whynot) looks pretty cool.

I still care about it less than Kirby 2018, though. Kirby is my soul.

This is the greatest way to make sure Metroid's going to stay gone. AM2R will always be around for all to play, and I know even DoctorM himself specifically requested NOT to hate on Nintendo for it.

Please, don't hate Nintendo for all of this. It's their legal obligation to protect their IP.
Instead of sending hate mail, get the original M2 from the eShop. Show them that 2D adventure platformers are still a thing people want.

I'm hyped for Samus Returns personally. It looks a little low-budget graphically, but for the most part it looks to be really fun to play. Honestly, that announcement alone made this E3 go from "okay" to "awesome" for me.

I didnt watch ALL the trailers but from what I've seen...
Mania and Forces looks as hype as ever for me, and I got SUPER exited for the new Kirby game. SMO also looks amazing as ever, especially since I've been playing SMS recently.

Nintendo has no mercy on our wallets.

Exactly, my Wallet has already went on A Run For It's Money.

Odyssey looks really great, i didn't really expect you controlling almost EVERYTHING, but Cappy overall is gonna be a good Partner! Now i'm expecting Cappy someday to be in SRB2.
M&L: SSS Remake also looks good, and i'd like to see how we control Bowser's Troops correctly in the future.

Last edited:
I fucking died of happiness when I saw the trailer for the Shadow Of The Colossus remake, it was one of my favourite games and it'll always will be. The other games look awesome too! We are getting alot of good things this and next year. I seriously need help controlling my excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back