What is your favorite anime?

Kill La kill is extremely mainstream, Whackjood already mentioned this, but feel like not too many of you guys really know what's mainstream and what's not. :V

I'm sure it's mainstream for Japan. I didn't know it was a thing until this thread mentioned it.

Honorable mentions: Bomberman Jetters

Should have figured this coming from your avatar, haha. I'll second this though.

It's mainstream to those people (myself included) that have anime as their main source of TV entertainment. Everywhere I went I was hearing it's name and seeing screenshots.

Speaking of all the ghibli love in this thread, I'll be going to see The Wind Rises in cinema next week.

Wakfu isn't an anime exactly, but it would definitely be up there for one of my top 5
It's still a fantastic show, so that's quite alright~ Although the special episode about Nox was directed by Masaaki Yuasa, who is a fairly notable anime director.

Was this thread made for me?
Not in any specific order...

Blue Exorcist
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Baka and Test
Watamote!
Higurashi
Ouran High School Host Club
The Devil is a Part-Timer!
Angel Beats!
Rosario + Vampire
Attack on Titan
Gurren Lagaan
IS: Infinite Stratos
Space Dandy

That's basically all I've seen so far. I've got plenty more that I want to watch, I just haven't gotten around to it.

Last edited:
I really don't watch that much anime. HOWEVER, I did love Tokyo Godfathers and Redline. The only anime show I've watched in the last couple of months is Watamote. It's painfully funny to watch.

So, I just watched Patema Inverted earlier today. And it was an absolutely incredible film, it's definitely going up on my favourites list. Certainly worth looking into if the trailer takes your fancy.

Hmmm... Definitely a mixture of Dangan Ronpa (Haven't seen Super 2 yet DX), Attack on titan, Toradora (Right?), Hataraku mao sama (The devil works part-time) and maybe, just maybe but ever so slightly SAO. (Should've been so much better, though I cant say It didn't do what it did right. Episode 24 OqO)
Oh god, I forgot to say Watamote. That HAS to be up there.
Edit: and apparently, Ao no exorcist (eh...), Baka and Test (Nose bleed), And that's about it. Also, I've seen almost everything Zubat had up there.

Last edited:
Really? Have none of you heard of Puella Magi Madoka Magica?

Besides that, these are my finished / unfinished anime:
Shingeki no Kyojin (obviously)
Kill la Kill (obviously)
Clannad
Yuru Yuri (incredible)
Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (AKA Oreimo)
Naruto (completely lost track of it recently due to the amount of filler bullshit)
Dragon Ball (hahahsafagdskhj)
Death Note (hAHahahsafkhdolp)
and I plan to watch Space Dandy.

Hey now, I've seen Madoka! And I know I'm not the only one in the community too. I did quite enjoy it, but I wouldn't rank it as one of my favourites compared to some of the other fantastic shows I've watched.

...and maybe, just maybe but ever so slightly SAO. (Should've been so much better, though I cant say It didn't do what it did right. Episode 24 OqO)
I really liked the first half of the season and I almost wish they had just ended it there.

Naruto (completely lost track of it recently due to the amount of filler bullshit)
I started skipping episodes because of that. I just wait a few months and then see what new episodes are worth watching. :)

Last edited:
Phantom Requiem For The Phantom,
Dragon Ball Z.

Yep. Top one is probably a long lasting favourite of mine, bottom one to me is very enjoyable. Even if it's basically "THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!" a lot of the time.

I really enjoyed Magica Madoka, and it's up there in my list, but I've watched so much anime (has to be over 100 at this point) I have a hard time recalling anything but those I've recently watched and my all time favorites.

Welcome to The N.H.K. was a great show. I also like Chobits, but I still haven't finished watching that.

Does anyone have any suggestions based on these few tastes?

Gurren Lagann is, by far, my favorite anime. It features a complete mastery of Herculean heroics and the greatest final showdown I've ever seen.

I'm also a good fan of Space Dandy, which is still due for a second season in a couple months. If you're a fan of sci-fi, emotional investment, and stunning visuals, it's the anime for you.

Does anyone have any suggestions based on these few tastes?
I haven't seen Chobits in years and it's just a foggy memory to me now, so I can't make any suggestions based on that. But with regards to NHK, have some suggestions~

Watamote - Similar to NHK in that it's about a shut in lacking in social skills trying to go about her daily life. However, this is played for comedy in Watamore rather than the dama and soul crushing depression it was used for in NHK.

Tatami Galaxy - A rather visually... Interesting 12 episode series, quite art house in that respect. The plot is about a College student failing his studies and his quest for a "rose colored campus life". But every time he fails, he wakes up at the start of his time in college again (think Groundhog day, but far longer than just one day).

Gurren Lagann is, by far, my favorite anime. It features a complete mastery of Herculean heroics and the greatest final showdown I've ever seen.

The second half of the anime was too over the top for my liking, but I liked the first half.

Besides that, these are my finished / unfinished anime:
Shingeki no Kyojin (obviously)
Kill la Kill (obviously)
Clannad
Yuru Yuri (incredible)
Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (AKA Oreimo)
Dragon Ball (hahahsafagdskhj)
Death Note (hAHahahsafkhdolp)
and I plan to watch Space Dandy.
>oreimo
Now this guy knows what's up. The ending to the anime fell kinda short though.
...I also like Mayo Chiki for some reason.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back