Question with zone names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky

Kay
I don't have any ideas for a level so i'm asking if you guys have any idea of a name or you know some kind of zone generator?

If you know please tell me. Thank you.

There's a zone name generator for SRB2. However, it was made in 2008, and only ever uploaded to a free file host. In other words, the link is dead.

Luckily for you, I still have it, so I re-uploaded it here.

Last edited:
There's a zone name generator for SRB2. However, it was made in 2008, and only ever uploaded to a free file host. In other words, the link is dead.

This can come in handy...

Heh, didn't know such a thing existed. This thing's pretty actually pretty useful.

Oh I forgot this existed. I remember a friend of mine gave it to me few years ago when I first began mapping, but I lost if after a system restore. Thanks for re-uploading it. I may finally get some ideas for some of the MP maps in my level pack.

Now I have a name for my level. It's going to be called Egg Generator Zone.

I hope that this name is good enough.

Honestly, I'd be more worried that the level itself is good enough. Many stages with mediocre names have gotten great praise, but a good name isn't going to save a crappy stage. Worry about the parts that really matter, here =P

That's a good point. But, I will show this level progress on the Editing section. Also, I just wanna know the other peoples opinion about the level's name.

But still, I will try to make a stage that can reach everyone expectations.

Flamboyant Milkfat Zone anyone? :>

On a more serious note I usually found it helpful to think about levels or designs from other games that I really liked and to try to capture their feel with a map I created. You might even want to try to combine two different ideas from different games to form something entirely new.
Another good idea might be to find a free (not copyright protected) piece of music that you enjoy or better to create a midi file by yourself that is meant to be played as backgroundmusic and to build what comes to your mind when you listen to this song.

If the Zone is finished you still can come up with some random semi-descriptive name. ;)

I'm trying to make a level that is kind of a mix between Techno Hill and Egg rock

At the moment the level is called Egg Generator. But I still have a long way to go. I will post screens of the level on the Editing section very soon.

Another good idea might be to find a free (not copyright protected) piece of music that you enjoy or better to create a midi file by yourself that is meant to be played as backgroundmusic and to build what comes to your mind when you listen to this song.

This, so much. I know it's not for everyone, but music is my main source of inspiration. Every single player level I've ever conceived has been the result of me listening to music. I only wish I could make levels as fast as I could think of them...

This, so much. I know it's not for everyone, but music is my main source of inspiration. Every single player level I've ever conceived has been the result of me listening to music. I only wish I could make levels as fast as I could think of them...

I know what you mean. Every level I have created to this very day has been the cause of me hearing inspirational music. I doesn't matter what genre the song is, as long as it has the potential to give me a great level idea.

Also I wish I could also make them as fast as I can think of them as well. I also wish I had the motivation to actually finish my levels. I lack in that a lot, and whenever I get a good idea or have a decent level concept made I tend to get lazy and put it off to the point where I eventually forget about it.

On the side note(and this is more related to the topic), could someone update the level name creator. Possibly add more words to it? I'd gladly do it if I only knew how to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back