SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
RDS

Default Custom Character Concepts

If you could mod any character into SRB2, free of effort, who would you create?
Movesets and a design(description or picture) are required when posting- your comment will be removed otherwise.
Movesets go as follows:
Jump ability
Spin ability
*Midair spin ability
*Custom abilites, mapped to C1, C2 and C3
Stats

Abilities with an * are optional.

Last edited by RDS; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:40 AM.
RDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
ArleNadjaGUY
Arle Nadja Master

My OC, Jer the Hedgehog.
Jump: Air Boost
Spin: Drop Kick
Midair: Stomp
C1: Homing Kick (quick teleport to enemy, then kicks them.)
C2: LightDash
C3: Armageddon Thok
[IMG]https://uploads.********-cdn.com/20200708/eea0d83e9d8bf40da1df0dd3923299ea.jpg[/IMG]
Slightly faster rand jumps higher
Sent from my SM-G950U using ********
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
RDS

Moveset checks out, but I can't see the picture. (The link is invalid)

Last edited by RDS; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:23 AM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4
TehPuertoRicanSpartan

I was minding about SM64 Mario for SRB2...
Jump - Normal Jump, Triple Jump (by pressing the jump button 3 times quickly on the ground), Backflip (while crouching), Long Jump (while crouching and moving)
Spin - Crouch
Midair - Ground Pound (spin button), Air Kick/Dive (custom 1 button)
Custom 1 - Punch/Kick (on the ground)
NOTE: SM64 Mario will slide when he hits the lower speed on steep slopes.

If you don't understand the moveset, I will try to edit this comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
I agree with Silver on this one, could you please refrain from using cuss words?
TehPuertoRicanSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5
ArleNadjaGUY
Arle Nadja Master

I think I fixed it. But I'm not sure if it will appear.[IMG]https://uploads.********-cdn.com/20200708/0a7fa3585b08c802a426aa3abe545730.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950U using ********
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6
Katmint

Tap​atalk is censored on the forum because of its intrusive advertisements. Your image is hosted on tap​atalk so part of the URL is being blanked out. Upload it to somewhere else like imgur.

Here is a link to the image you were trying to post: https://uploads.tap​atalk-cdn.com/20...3abe545730.jpg

Last edited by Katmint; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:34 AM.
Katmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7
LuxisLand
Just vibing!

Jack The Ninja Bunny

-Can jump higher than Sonic,Tails and Knuckles
-Can't do a double jump, but uses his sword (That is used like amy) can be used to hit and used to jump in the enemies.
-He can crawl using the spin button
-Too with "Custom action 1" can throw ninja bombs to explode anything...

Nothing else, i am new at this so this is everything i have from now.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8
Lach
nanananananananananananan a

Here's a character I started in January 2018 to try and improve my pixel art. I never gave her a name, but she's a queen ant, deliberately smol so as to reduce the workload it would have taken to complete her. (Evidently, that plan didn't work out!) She would have been able to carry monitors off the ground to drop them on enemies, freeing her worker ants. The worker ants would then congregate to provide her with fortification and extend her limbs, eventually turning her into an insectoid amalgamation who could chuck shit around and wreak havoc. The idea was a bit ambitious and probably wouldn't have been a very practical movepool...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rotate_big.png
Views:	85
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	34343  
Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #9
Jonster
[Insert meme here]

I've been thinkin' on the idea of making a OC called "Loop the Raccon", so might as well make a potential moveset:

Her main tool would be Energy Sprites, wich would increase some sort of power bar after defearing an enemy and (after getting the emeralds) collecting a chaos token. Its kinda in vain of those lil enemy orbs that increases your unleashe bar in Unleashed. The more she collects, the more benefits she gains, while getting hit will lose you a decent amount of them and dying gets rid of them entirely, so be careful.

- Tail Slash: press spin to quickly slash your tail forward. Collect 30 sprites, and it would turn into the Tail Whirlwind, wich is like Tails's attack from SA1.

- Quick Scramble: press jump while air-born to have Loop rapidly flap her arms and legs for some extra air-time. Collect 50 sprites and it would turn into the Shooting Drill, wich would allow you to quickly drill forward.

- And finally, she would have the Grappling Spirit. Press spin while air-born to have a energy beam shoot out of her arm. This can be used to destroy far away enemies or monitors. Collect 100 orbs and it will turn into the Spiritual Mania. Same use as before, except using it against a wall will cause you to grab onto and be able to jump off. This can only be used 3 times. The super form would improve your speed, jump height and abilities or something like that, and she wouldn't be able to spin, wich may or may not take away the ability to beat the game with her. Btw, sorry if this post is to long, I just kinda like explaining things in great detail. Might do her character design some time this month.
(Discord: Jonster The 1st#5263(also I have a server https://discord.gg/gGxQR7))

Last edited by Jonster; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:45 PM.
Jonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #10
RDS

Default So Remember when i said i would lnclude my own character soon?

What was orginially going to be an example turned into a 2 page document.
Magicka: Mystic Realm's Guardian

After being defeated by Speedway and Tailsway in Flame Rift, Magicka realized Eggman tricked her, so she teamed up with the two to form Team Mystic and stop Ivo's fiendish plan to exploit the Mystic Emeralds!
While she can't spin, she's got various spells and techniques to dispatch enemies and whisk around stages with ease!

Double jump to perform an Airdash, giving you a burst of upward and forward momentum and nulling gravity for a short while. If you hit a wall while or after dashing, you'll cling to it. Press jump again to hop off the wall and gain height letting you can airdash again. You can hop between walls and keep the pace while playing the floor is lava on any level!

Your airdash will be affected if you have a shield equipped.
Attraction: Homing Dash: You perform a Homing Attack on the nearest enemy, and refill if you land a hit.
Force: Double Dash: You can dash twice per jump/wall cling.
Armageddon: Charge Dash: Charge up your dash to go faster and farther. Overcharging will detonate it.
Wind: Super Air Dash: Your dash goes higher, faster and farther.
Elemental: Meteor Dash: You dash upwards in an arc before plummeting down. The decent can be cancelled if you latch onto a wall
Flame Aura: Burst Dash: Your dash goes much faster and can deal damage.
Bubblewrap: Bounce Dash: Go downward and forwards and bounce back up. This one lets you multidash.
Thundercoin: Light Dash: F L Y forwards like a bullet and ignore gravity for much longer.

Moving fast enough for long enough, land or sky, will activate her Comet Stride. This does not affect her speed, but it grants invincibility! This will deactivate if she goes under half her run speed on the ground, unlike metal going out of boost mode when under his full run speed in the air.

Regardless if you're on ground or in the air, pressing Spin will cast a spell!
Casting spells use Magicka’s mana, which slowly refills over time. Spells can be charged their cost and power, and you cycle through spells with Next and Prev Weapon. As of 1.0 the pool is as follows:
Fire: Shoots a basic fireball (specifically the Fire Flower’s fireball) forward. Cost-effective.
Ignite: Fire’s charge spell. The ball now behaves like Hinote’s battle fire shot, but slower and it doesn't disappear on contact.(It can hit enemies and bosses multiple times)
Chillfront: An AOE spell. An icy wind surrounds her, damaging nearby enemies and piercing shields. Lasts for a few seconds.
Iceberg: Chillfront’s charge spell. Large ice spikes come out of the ground and go in every direction. Larger AOE than Blizzard and the spikes can block enemy projectiles.
Ascend: A wind burst that sends you upwards, much higher than a regular jump.
Cyclone: Ascend’s charge spell. Summons a whirlwind that sends player characters up and damages enemies. Extremely large radius.
Tremor: Charging is mandatory. Once rocks start to appear, release spin to cause an earthquake that damages grounded enemies, breaks spikes, and destroys all breakable terrain (ground or wall) in the general vicinity. This lets her take Amy / Fang exclusive paths, and sneak into some Knuckles ones too.

Once you’ve got all 7 emeralds, all of Magicka’s base spells get a buff, cost less mana, and she can charge them to the limit to unleash the mighty Rune Spells!
Fire and Ignite now shoot 3 shots at once. Unleash Angelic Inferno to obliterate anything in front of you in a blazing cone of burning death!
Chillfront lasts longer, Iceberg now destroys enemies on contact and Vehement Blizzard will save your butt in ambushes by freezing and killing every foe around you! (you can use them as platforms too!)
Ascend and Cyclone go higher and last longer, and Machwind Tornado lets you get a taste of the immense power of HMS!
Tremor turns into Shockwave, tripling the danger zone and raining rocks from the sky!

She can also now bounce off insta death planes once a jump. Use this to tell Aerial Garden to rebuild itself.
As Super Magicka, she gets infinite air dashes, pit bounces, and energy, and all spells instacharge!

Custom Actions:
C3: Fluffy smol catgirl hugs! (You can hug back too!)
Press Toss flag to… uhh where did she go?
MAGICKA!
[What?!]
How many times have I told you not to anime dance in the house?
[Awww…]
Ahem.

If you’re wondering why I left c1 and c2 out, well...

Magicka is compatible with KH Blast!

Her normal spells are weaker than her Ring Spells initially, but once you get all those Chaos Emeralds, you won’t even bother with offensive RP!

Initial Stats:
HP: 18
RP: MAX
STR (used for her spin spells, don’t question it): 4
MAG: 8

Tip: In KHBlast, Magicka regenerates RP and Drive over time, but not as fast as her base mana. She does not regenerate health however. That’s Tailsway’s job. (Disabled in Ultimate)

Stat Gain (normal):
HP: Medium
RP: None , she starts out with the max RP possible.
STR: Medium
MAG: Medium

Stat Gain (Emeralds):
HP: Fast
RP: None (again)
STR: Very Fast
MAG: Slow

https://imgur.com/p2Vl3iD

Last edited by RDS; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:42 PM.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #11
MechaOverlord

I would make an OP Metal Sonic mod, where you can really feel like Sonic's superior.
I would also make an OP Sonic mod, so you can teach that scrap metal who's boss.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #12
GrayAngel

Vector the Crocodile

Jump ability: Power Boost - Vector leaps ahead in the direction of the camera (unlike the thok, the tilt also matters), where he would pause in midair. He can repeat this action up to three times. If you wait too long between boosts, he'll uncurl and drop to the ground. When used on a wall, Vector will climb the wall like Knuckles.

Spin ability: Ouroboros - Vector grabs his tail and spins forward in the shape of a wheel. It functions mostly the same as a spin dash, but it has a taller hit box and does not allow him to pass hidden areas that are passable by the spindash.

Midair spin ability: Bubble Balloon - Vector blows a big bubble gum bubble, which slows his decent, but doesn't have much momentum. Useful for precise platforming.

Stats: Basically equal to Knuckles, although his jump ability would allow him to get into areas Knuckles can't reach.

Espio the Chameleon

Jump ability: Wall Run - Espio can perform a small dash forward, which causes him to stick to the wall and run along side it. Jumping cancels the ability. Unlike Knuckles, there are no walls he can't stick to.

Spin ability: Spindash

Midair spin ability: Shuriken - Espio throws a shuriken forward, damaging enemies or popping monitors. Unlike Fang's popgun, it does not home in on targets, so aim carefully. He can only throw one shuriken each time he jumps.

Custom ability: Invisibility - Espio perfectly camouflages with the environment, effectively becoming invisible. Enemies will not be able to track him. Jumping, spindashing, or activating C1 again cancels this ability.

Stats:
  • Jump height factor: High (1.1)
  • Run animation begins: 28

Tails Doll

Jump ability: Float - Similar to Knuckles' glide, but it does not damage enemies.

Spin ability: Haunt - Tails Doll targets enemies, teleporting to where they are and damaging them.

Midair spin ability: Flop - Tails Doll launches itself forward, ragdolling onto the ground. Any enemies in its path are damaged. If used while in motion, Tails Doll can slide under areas that are passable via the spindash.

Custom ability 1: Surprise - A Tails Doll themed jumpscare flashes on the screen.

Custom ability 2: Sonic Doll - Tails Doll tosses a small Sonic doll onto the ground, which comes to life and follows Tails Doll around. It will automatically target and attack nearby enemies. There can only be one on screen at once. Repeated use destroys the previous doll (in case it gets lost or stuck), and the Sonic doll destroys itself when when it deals damage to an enemy.

Stats:
  • Jump height factor: Low (0.85)
  • Run animation begins: 28
GrayAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #13
MellowJacket
The unreliable judge
Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lach View Post
Here's a character I started in January 2018 to try and improve my pixel art. I never gave her a name, but she's a queen ant, deliberately smol so as to reduce the workload it would have taken to complete her. (Evidently, that plan didn't work out!) She would have been able to carry monitors off the ground to drop them on enemies, freeing her worker ants. The worker ants would then congregate to provide her with fortification and extend her limbs, eventually turning her into an insectoid amalgamation who could chuck shit around and wreak havoc. The idea was a bit ambitious and probably wouldn't have been a very practical movepool...
I suppose the idea would have lead to a more practical moveset if breaking monitors to grow the body would have eventually allowed you to start throwing enemies, or maybe even thing based level scenery (such as the greenflower trees) once big enough, to increase the number of available sources of ammunition in the level, as silly as it would have gotten. I do like the very early design there though for whatever it's worth.

While I do have an OC of my own, the one visible in my forum avatar, they weren't made for SRB2. I've still had some quiet musings in the past about how they'd play in this game at least. They would have a flight ability, no spin when jumping, fang's gun ability but resprited to be a mobster tommy-gun that fires stingers and has a rapid fire rate if the button is held down, and a butt stomp to break bustable floors with. Nothing really spectacularly interesting there in terms of gameplay compared to the existing cast though.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #14
Luka

Hey we should add silver sonic from sonic 2 or maybe charm bee
Luka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #15
JakeLeB

64 Mario.

He can do all of his abilities from SM64, even BLJ.
JakeLeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #16
Mint

King Bowser

Jump: Just a regular jump, nothing more nothing less.

Spin: Spike Ball Roll. Tap the spin button and Bowser will curl up into a spike ball, pretty self explanatory. This can break through breakable objects, including spikes. Tap spin again to uncurl.

Mid-air spin ability: Press spin in the air, and Bowser will do a hard ground pound and release a shockwave from underneath that shocks his foes! This can break through breakable floors, and spikes!

C1: Fire Breath. Press C1 to spew flames from your mouth! Mind the bar in the bottom left though, if it fully depletes and you're still holding it down, Bowser will cough out smoke for a good second or 2. This meter can be refilled by not using your fire breath.

C2: Punch. Tap C2 and Bowser will do a punch, this can break down breakable objects, including spikes! Though, if you hold it, you can release a charged up punch, and fly forwards a tiny bit. If you're moving and you press C2, you'll do a sliding punch, a mobile hitbox, basically.

C3: Super Jump! Hold down C3 and Bowser will launch himself into the air! The more you hold it the higher he goes!

So overall Bowser's got a pretty good arsenal, but to balance it... he's kinda slow, but, similar to the Werehog mod...

Drop flag ability: Sprint. Bowser will go into a full on sprint, now he's able to keep up with Sonic and the gang!
Mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #17
Charonik08
No Charks in this pool!

I have plenty of ideas in my head about characters I wanna code in. Currently, I’m writing their abilities, backstory, general lore, and drawing them to get a general idea before I dive into coding myself. A lot of the ideas here sound great! I’m especially all for the SM64 Mario.
Charonik08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #18
bromaster

Wolfenfang 3D
Tailsguy but with a machine gun instead of a shotgun and has instant acceleration / deceleration, just like Wolfenstein

image is broken so here's a link
https://ibb.co/WH1nkzq

Last edited by bromaster; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:40 PM. Reason: image is broken
bromaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #19
time gear

I would implement Crash Bandicoot with all his abilities from Crash 3.

Wumpa Fruit - Crash collects these instead when he touches rings. They do not offer any protection, but 100 still reward a 1-up.

Aku Aku - Replaces shields and invincibility monitors when playing as Crash. Collecting him once will protect against one hit. Twice will protect against an additional hit. Three times will grant temporary invincibility.

Crouch/Crawl - Can be used to get under tight spaces.

Slide - Can be used to attack enemies or cover horizontal distance quickly. Can also be used to get under tight spaces.

Slide Jump - Can be used to gain more horizontal and vertical distance with the jump.

Double Jump - Allows Crash to gain additional height, but can only be used before his first jump begins it's vertical decent. Can stack on top of Slide Jump.

Body Slam - A downward belly flop that can be used to attack enemies.

Spin - A short spin attack that can be used to attack enemies.

Tornado Spin - Can be used to attack enemies or extend the amount of time Crash remains in the air temporarily. Can stack on top of double jump and slide jump.

Slide Spin - Can be used to extend the slide slightly and prevent coming full stop at the end, but also prevents jumping.

Wumpazooka - Can be used to attack enemies from a distance, but cannot move while using it. Can also be used to collect Wumpa's from a distance.

Crash Dash - Allows Crash to sprint. He retains his horizontal speed when jumping while using this.
time gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #20
supersonic45

I have a character design in the hopper that I'm testing whenever I have free time.

This character would have a much higher base top speed than the cast of characters in the vanilla game: think Sonic super sneakers tier top speed. The catch is that she can only hold that top speed in the direction she's facing. How this works is that when the player presses forward, the direction she's going is "locked" in the sense that her top speed in that direction is very fast, but strafing/turning is reduced. When forward has been released, or when the player presses jump, there is a brief period where she has slower than average top speed. The player can manually turn on/off the ability so that they aren't forced to strafe jump tricky platforming sections to stay at a reasonable speed.

With these attributes, she would be incredibly good in levels with lots of flat ground and minimal jumping, but has difficulty in vertical climbs, or in stages where a lot of turning is necessary. I'm still ironing out some additional mechanics, such as a possible way to quickly make 90 degree turns or jumps while preserving speed if the player uses some sort of recharging resource.