SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion > Bug Reports

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1
Solid SOAP

Default 2.2.5/6 framerate issues

Hey guys, has anybody else been having odd framerate issues while playing after the current update?

It's weird, typically the framerate has seen incredible improvements throughout the game, but every now and then the game will slow to a single-digit crawl. It fixes itself typically if I pause the game or come to a dead stop for a few seconds. What's odd is that it isn't consistent; it's not like the framedrops occur in the same area consistently, they just happen seemingly at random. The rest of the time playing is super pleasant and consistent with framerate... I can't commend ya'll for improving the framerate in that regard, by the way! Haunted Hills, the desert and Castle Eggman were HELL to play through previously. Single digits from beginning to end.

I should mention I play with models and ambient lighting on, btw.

Anyone facing these issues now?
Solid SOAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
Velvet
Why hello there ~♥

I have as well.

~7779311
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
Solid SOAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I have as well.
Oppositionally, have you experienced the improved framerate as well? This is a blessing. It's just odd that the intense frame issues are occurring at seemingly random.

Do you have ambient lighting implemented? What about 3D models?
Solid SOAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
carlrev
The living revolution

I have played 2.2.5/6 with no models whatsoever, and on the lowest resolution, and I cannot manage to get a decent frame rate out of CEZ2 like I did in previous updates. It is not my PC.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5
MRoach
íReremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlrev View Post
I have played 2.2.5/6 with no models whatsoever, and on the lowest resolution, and I cannot manage to get a decent frame rate out of CEZ2 like I did in previous updates. It is not my PC.
It's obviously your PC, it's our PCs. My PC performs this version better than the older, I'm not implying this isn't an issue for other people, just saying that PCs are built differently and that processor's architecture affects how a game runs; mine runs perfectly fine with this game.
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
MechaOverlord

I had to change my renderer through the config because I could barely get past the title screen with OpenGL enabled.