My opinion on the older game gear game 'Sonic Drift'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually people do care about the game. Glad to know you don't care.

I found Sonic Drift to be fun actually. I don't get why people hate is so much. Heck, if it was mario characters I bet it would be loved.

TheMarshMan said:
I didn't say I didn't like it. The only thing is that the graphics were bad. Even for a 90's game.

Sorry, I got ninja'd by you. I was talking to the poster above you.

TheMarshMan said:
I didn't say I didn't like it. The only thing is that the graphics were bad. Even for a 90's game.
I assume you haven't seen GameBoy games before, then... Just 4 shades of beige-ish green stuck in 128x128, and they sell like massive hotcakes over the Game Gear.

No one cares about high graphics on a handheld. Yes, the Game Gear is a handheld. It is not a full console like the Genesis. I'm assuming you're playing Sonic Drift through either emulation or Sonic Adventure and not on the original medium it's on for the system it's for...

To have an opinion on an old game is to understand its context of the time of in its release.

It's odd to hate Sonic Drift for the whole 'sonic in car' thing when their savior game Sonic Adventure 2 features 'sonic in car' racing as well.

The whole Sonic in a car thing is plain stupid and pointless, it's like asking "why do you use elevators if you can take the leadders?" or "why do you use a skateboard if you can run?". Do I really need to get Ash's ban example again?

Drift 1 was alright, but Drift 2 was very polished to me. It was probably the best racer on the platform, despite there not being many.

"Sonic in a car" aside, it was very well-designed to circumvent hardware limitations and is a testament to what optimized programming can really bring.

Re: My oppinion on the older game gear game "Sonic Drif

TheMarshMan said:
I have one thing to say about it...

Why put sonic in a car?

>_<
Prepare to be pissed.
sonic-and-sega-all-stars-racing-screenshot.jpg

GAH! SEGA, that's a rookie mistake!

It's Seaside Hill by how the wall looks; the floors also have that arrow marking on it like in Sonic Heroes, it's called Forgotten Falls in the game though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujKfS-k5Il0&feature=related

Anyways, I disliked Sonic Drift, considering the first time I played it was on SA:DX.

I hate how nearly everyone complains that Sonic is in a car; seriously, what's so bad about him driving a car?

So? It make its fair.

There is this race car tournament thing in the mall. Your not allowed to bring your own. So its FAIR.

Sonic Drift had a laughably short lifespan. I kept getting first place on every single race, and the only variation in the entire game was some generic track design. I haven't played Sonic Drift 2, so I'm unable to comment on it.

Sonic Drift 2 is amazing. Much more varied maps, easier controls, and more characters.

Though, it isn't really about the single player. Its about the multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back