cannot connect to master server

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasuketo uzuchihamaki

I GO BY ICYCOLDLAVA™ NOW
whenever I host a game, I always go to server options and change the server name. Then I change the name of the master server to that same name. When I check if my server is on the internet using listserv, it says cannot connect to master server.It almost ony happens when I change the name of the master server. Why does this happen to me? If I dont change the name, won't my server come up as weird random things like 00srb2servernet00 or something?

That's because you changed the name of the master server. You aren't supposed to do that! :/
That's the server SRB2 sends your server name and IP address and stuff to so other people can easily find your game.

The address for the master server is: srb2.servegame.org:28900

Make sure that you don't change this. Only change the field labeled Server Name.

Oh, and by the way, your avatar scares me, knuckles33.

You mean, people all around the world can make there own master servers?! If so. Im gonna go to google right now! *goes to google*

superflip96 said:
You mean, people all around the world can make there own master servers?! If so. Im gonna go to google right now! *goes to google*

You need skills, materials, and knowledge to do that. No way you could make a master server. I think 10 persons of everybody on the forums can make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back