Risk of Rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Blake

Like in the dirt?!?
First things first: Risk of Rain is a combat based rogue-lite game released back in 2013 by 2 college students under the name of Hopoo Games, which was published by Chucklefish, and sold on Steam for $10. The game pits players on a foreign planet, where lizard people, rock golems, and even flying jellyfish are trying to kill them, and they use their class's skills and abilities to battle the violent wildlife, find many helpful items, and find a way back to their crashed ship, and off the planet. The game is randomized to boot, making each play through different. On top of all this, the game has a timer in the HUD, in which the higher it goes, the harder the difficulty gets, ranging from easy, to hard, to impossible (and a few more difficulty gauges beyond that!).

Anyway, with that out of the way, this thread is to discuss the game. Your favorite class, strategies for each class, item strategies, reasons you may hate certain enemies/bosses, those sort of things.

For example. my favorite melee class is easily the miner, as he has high range for a melee class, decent damage, and he is very mobile, as his 3 skills are dashes and a double jump, all of which harm foes.

However, my favorite class is the bandit. Not as mobile, but he has decent fire rate and great damage. Not to mention, with a few Soldier's Syringes (increase fire rate), a Brilliant Behemoth (all attacks cause bonus explosive damage), and a Heaven Cracker (every fourth attack pierces foes), the bandit can tear through hoards of enemies like no other, even making easy work of enemies like the Colossus or Imp Overlord/Imp Vanguard.

In addition to each play being randomized, the gameplay experience evolves over time as new items and classes become available (by completing achievements).

I have quite enjoyed the game, though I haven't clocked enough hours to speak of my gameplay preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back