• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lat' does bullshit~

Status
Not open for further replies.
The score tally at the end is certainly pretty neat. Also, I know I could've said this before, but I'm personally a little bit bothered about the ending of the special stage. When all the UFOs are destroyed, the fact that the camera rotates around Sonic as soon as he lands really feels off to me.

If anything, I feel that keeping the camera still for a second or two (enough for the UFO to stop exploding behind Sonic) before it rotates around him and the time stone descends would fix it. Yeah, it is a sort of silly nitpick, but I can't help it.

The score tally is strict and neat. I like it but like MotorRoach already said the camera rotates way too soon. I would let the camera stand still after Sonic lands for about one second and then rotate it. And if I recall correctly the Timestone took something like extra 0,5 seconds to start falling after the camera stopped moving.
It all happens a little bit too quick.

Also, I came with yet another minor and stupid suggestion but... I'm outta here!
But I believe it would cause issues in online netplays and more sprites.

Also, I came with yet another minor and stupid suggestion but... I'm outta here!
But I believe it would cause issues in online netplays and more sprites.

Where would Sonic jump off of in a 3D world? He can't just fall through solid floor and say I'm outta here. If this was a 2D map it might be a possiblity but other then that I dont think it's needed for now.

Last edited:
Where would Sonic jump off of in a 3D world? He can't just fall through solid floor and say I'm outta here. If this was a 2D map it might be a possiblity but other then that I dont think it's needed for now.

Well, if Sonic dies he also falls through the floor wich doesn't make any sense as well, making him possible to jump out... out of this dimension I guess? But yes like I said minor and stupid and not needed but I thought it would be funny to type something into the console to let Sonic do that much like the suicide command :>.

Well, if Sonic dies he also falls through the floor wich doesn't make any sense as well, making him possible to jump out... out of this dimension I guess? But yes like I said minor and stupid and not needed but I thought it would be funny to type something into the console to let Sonic do that much like the suicide command :>.

It would be a cool idea if it's like that, but that means it would require more sprites for all sides of the rotation and just think about tail's and knux as well [even though they don't have sound for them] how would that work for them also?
Maybe I'm just overthinking this.

Last edited:
It would be a cool idea if it's like that, but that means it would require more sprites for all sides of the rotation and just think about tail's and knux as well [even though they don't have sound for them] how would that work for them also?

Wich means I'm really out of there because I suck at drawing sprites. Also in the Android and IOS remake Tails is a playable character but he does not do such a thing like Sonic (maybe he has more patience?) but knux did not make an appearance here.
Speaking about voices: does Sonic actually say "Yes" when obtaining a 1up? Also the Sonic CD level ending fanfare would be nice too.

Edit: And I just LOVE how Mini Sonic does that in CD.

Last edited:
Yes he does, which made me think of also adding that also [unless Lat did that already] but just for Sonic since I dont know about Tails actions.

I was talking about the mod itself. I allready know that he says "yes" when obtaining a 1up in CD. Tails I think... huh... If I remember right it was only the Timestone-obtain sound. Well while we're going in greater detail we could replace many sounds with the Sonic CD sounds.

Edit: Yes I was right Tails does only get the Timestone sound when obtaining an extra live as seen here

Last edited:
The score tally at the end is certainly pretty neat. Also, I know I could've said this before, but I'm personally a little bit bothered about the ending of the special stage. When all the UFOs are destroyed, the fact that the camera rotates around Sonic as soon as he lands really feels off to me.

If anything, I feel that keeping the camera still for a second or two (enough for the UFO to stop exploding behind Sonic) before it rotates around him and the time stone descends would fix it. Yeah, it is a sort of silly nitpick, but I can't help it.

Is this any better?
ShadowyRemoteIcterinewarbler.gif

...As a side note; levels are 100% complete; Timeflower 1 will be the only time travelable level as for the demo, and special stages 1 to 8 are fully playable. ...All I'm kinda waiting for is Deadpool to finish the title screen sprites and... we're good to go, finally!

EDIT: About the "I'm outta here", it would look EXTREMELY out of place to see Sonic jumping inside the ground, and also would be punishing and not fun at all for players like me that tend to not move a lot.

Last edited:
Just an idea but... Will all three characters have animations for when they start and finish the special stage? Also, it'll be neat if Sonic looks exhausted when he fails the special stage.

Just an idea but... Will all three characters have animations for when they start and finish the special stage? Also, it'll be neat if Sonic looks exhausted when he fails the special stage.

CarefreeSlimyKinglet.gif

Apologies for mediocre spriting skills.
...I just hope it's good enough for it to fit even with Fucking Sonic, because I'm not feeling like re-doing it for 2.2...

CarefreeSlimyKinglet.gif

Apologies for mediocre spriting skills.
...I just hope it's good enough for it to fit even with Fucking Sonic, because I'm not feeling like re-doing it for 2.2...

And you said you cant sprite, this is really good. Some things about the sprite is that sonic nose is missing a bit in the animation and his belly is a little long. But I can help out with that.

Also for those who didn't see this:
Here's the new banner I made.
791483SonicDVD.png

Looking really nice.
It should go perfect with this.
FondIllustriousBluetickcoonhound.gif

Last edited:
EDIT: About the "I'm outta here", it would look EXTREMELY out of place to see Sonic jumping inside the ground, and also would be punishing and not fun at all for players like me that tend to not move a lot.
...Sonic only does the 'I'm outta here' if you stand completely still for three minutes.
Also, perhaps have Sonic just face the view, and then run back, going to left or right of the view? Although that might not be as funny...

So, felt like leaking a part Tails' animation a bit.(sorry, Lat'!)
498449srb20007.png

Looks alright, although there are a few pixels that stand out like a sore thumb, don't know who this admittedly-handsome fox is, though. I mean, i swear we called for Tails, Lat' must have not been able to afford him and had to improvise.
I've also just now realized that the dark part is the second shoe

da7815877e.bmp
da7815877e.bmp
33f67957e7.bmp
33f67957e7.bmp

c639f70182.bmp
c639f70182.bmp
91c64e6dbf.bmp
91c64e6dbf.bmp

Triangles!

Me and Kitoko are working (Albeit slowly) on graphics. You didn't think you would only get to play "Time Flower Zone" ... did you?

Deadpool, the real issue with the sprite is the awkward pixels that don't quite match with the rest of the sprite, like the eyes. The eyes look odd. Look for stray orange pixels on the sprite to find which parts of the sprite do not change color properly.

Last edited:
Lat' must have not been able to afford him and had to improvise.

Lies! I did afford him, he was late, that's all!
SeveralCalmEyas.gif

Yay, we have brown triangles wallpaper! Now, let's say it's not likely to have fast progress of any custom map before holidays, in two weeks or so.

His tails could use some of that subtle movement that he had in Sonic CD, to not look as stiff. His raised hand could also use a bit more of anti alias around it's outlines, but other than that, I like what I see here.

If you guys ever do one for Knuckles, make it look like he's tryna to flex his arm muscles. That's what I'd do, anyway.

Make it look like he's tryna to flex his arm muscles. That's what I'd do, anyway.

Make him flex so hard miniature arms come out of his biceps and flex as well.

Anyway, we're doing our best to remix the original art into a way that accomplishes these goals:
1. Fits into SRB2's art style.
2. Keeps it as original to the actual sprite work used as possible.
3. Fits into the size scale of SRB2.

Yet another edit: Maybe we should turn this whole project into its own topic?

Last edited:
His tails could use some of that subtle movement that he had in Sonic CD, to not look as stiff. His raised hand could also use a bit more of anti alias around it's outlines, but other than that, I like what I see here.

If you guys ever do one for Knuckles, make it look like he's tryna to flex his arm muscles. That's what I'd do, anyway.

ComplexFatherlyIndianpalmsquirrel.gif

Did what I could've, not very good with AA.

d4567774db.bmp

Here, have a tree.

and Lat', your glove flashes a brighter color during a frame. In no means should that shrug off the stellar job you did with the sprite.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back