• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Lat' does bullshit~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it was planned for everyone to share the same timer, but having it this way instead doesn't change much. Anyway, here are the news...

Soundtrack changing can be done at any time, just by pressing Tossflag in a Special Stage.
SecondhandUnitedDodobird.gif

Special Stage 5 is now done, aside of custom textures that I won't make due to the ridiculously high ammount of flats used in this map, this time, jumping off higher spots and using springs are crucial to reach UFOs! Once again, thanks to Deadpool for the skybox and the pancake base geometry! ^^

Another minor change compared to the video is the Ring Multiplier; destroying a Rings UFO will grant you 20 Rings times the number of consecutive Rings UFOs destroyed, meaning you can quickly reach a ridiculously high ammount of Rings by playing the smart way. Collecting 100 in a Special Stage will grant a continue, finishing the special stage in the 60 seconds limit (without destroying a Time UFO) also grants a continue.

OMG, All my yes. Can't wait to see how this plays out with multiplayer! :P

NiceObeseCrustacean
NiceObeseCrustacean.gif

Introducing the seizure sparkling token

OMG, All my yes. Can't wait to see how this plays out with multiplayer! :P

Well, they're already extremely easy in singleplayer, they will be even more in Multiplayer, plus, assholes going in the water to "kill the time" are not gonna be an annoyance; if the script works as intended, a player that runs out of time just completes the level, meaning that nothing should happen unless playersforexit is set to 1. Though I have yet to test that in a netgame...
...There's only one way to find this out! *proceeds to write a PM*

I'd like to just put a foot in the door and say that special stages like these fit srb2 far more than the current Nights themed stages do (in my very own and humble opinion, of course).

I totally agree, at the very least I'd like to see a custom level pack made out of this format.

The release should hopefully happen pretty soon;

I tested the SS in a netgame with a friend yesterday and (almost) everything worked as intended.
The only things left to do are Special Stage 6 skybox, and Special Stages 7 & 8 as whole.

Also if you plan on making something with them... I hope you're bold enough to modify the Lua... because it's messy =S

Robotnik's watching you hilarously failing this one, friend!

Supports Time Attack!
We're nearly done with this; all I'm waiting for is Deadpool to finish the two last maps, adding some final touches to make some things looks better and testing until it's submitted... Perhaps this weekend? =D

Just Two More Map's To Go

We're nearly done with this; all I'm waiting for is Deadpool to finish the two last maps, adding some final touches to make some things looks better and testing until it's submitted... Perhaps this weekend? =D

Yea I'm working on it, but ever since school started it's been slowly progressing but I'm going to finish it up as soon as possible and also finish up the skyboxes as well. I'm not sure about this weekend but I'll try my best to make it happen, if possible. I really don't wanna rush anything and make mistakes. But thank's to Lat he already got a head start on making Special Stage 8 so I dont really have to worry about that. I just wanna fix the skybox for that level though. I think the skybox is too small, but I'm thinking it's just a placeholder for me to put the new one, not sure though.

I still thank Lat for making it.

Last edited:
Would that be Sonic CD if the way to enter special stages was still SRB2-ish?
ThriftyThickIrishwolfhound.gif

In-stage tokens turn into Extra Lives, for the momment, feel free to suggest in what to turn them, because I have no idea of what to do with them.

Just wanted to show you guy's some pictures of all the Special Stage level's.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tb65cne3wem9cmn/SonicCDPictures.zip?dl=0

Note: Some pictures may be changed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Both me and Lat are close to finishing this, we're just fixing a few bugs and minor thing's. Currently we should be completed with the level's itself. But other then that I've been having trouble recreating the Planet for Special Stage 7.

This is what I got so far... I don't think it's the greatest.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3771mfldiludzc/Planet.bmp?dl=0
(Make sure you download the picture so it's not blurry)

Can someone please help me out with fixing this sprite up?

Last edited:
In-stage tokens turn into Extra Lives, for the momment, feel free to suggest in what to turn them, because I have no idea of what to do with them.
I think they should either make the end thing appear no matter what, (if you collect it of course) or they should give you a continue.

I think they should either make the end thing appear no matter what, (if you collect it of course)

If the token gives you an extra 50 rings like it does when you normally have all the emeralds, it could serve the same purpose as allowing you access to the Special Stage so long as you manage to not get hit again. I'm not too comfy on the idea of being guaranteed access to it since there'd be no reason to try to collect 50 rings anyway so long as you knew where the tokens are.

Also quick question; does everyone get to go to the Special Stage so long as one person has 50 rings? I know in Multiplayer rings are much harder to come by since there are multiple hedgefoxkidnas running around hogging them all, so I thought it'd be a good question to ask. If a token gave one player 50 rings, it'd make the hassle a ton less annoying.

Last edited:
If the token gives you an extra 50 rings like it does when you normally have all the emeralds, it could serve the same purpose as allowing you access to the Special Stage so long as you manage to not get hit again. I'm not too comfy on the idea of being guaranteed access to it since there'd be no reason to try to collect 50 rings anyway so long as you knew where the tokens are.

Well, it is Sonic CD based, so the token hunt is just replaced by the Rings hunt.

Also quick question; does everyone get to go to the Special Stage so long as one person has 50 rings? I know in Multiplayer rings are much harder to come by since there are multiple hedgefoxkidnas running around hogging them all, so I thought it'd be a good question to ask. If a token gave one player 50 rings, it'd make the hassle a ton less annoying.

The Giant Ring (because yes it needs a sprite replace) appears as soon as any player gets 50 or more rings, from there, anyone can jump into it to warp everyone to the special stage when the level ends. Also your idea about the token sounds very neat, I think that's what I'll do!

You know... it would be nice and be way more convenient to the viewers of this thread link the images themselves rather then a zip file of them.

I tried that before in my last post after I edited it, but it didn't work.
Well let's see if these work:

*Special Stages*

Special Stage 1
892362srb20211.png
Special Stage 2
629600srb20212.png
Special Stage 3
135499srb20213.png
Special Stage 4
829577srb20214.png
Special Stage 5
377353srb20216.png
Special Stage 6
655735srb20217.png
Special Stage 7
456834srb20218.png
Secret Special Stage
806103srb20219.png
There we go.
Don't mind the little pixels by Eggman's mustache trying to fix that somehow.

Let me not forget about this also:
422821Planet.png
Still need help with fixing this sprite up also.

Last edited:
The moon(?) you're making relies too much on long vertical lines, which doesn't helps the appearance of it at all. You should try go for more circular shapes for the brightening of it, if not just going for shorter lines. Here's some reference for it:

mvc-stage5a.gif

mvc-stage7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back