• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

General project screenshot/video thread

srb20126.gif

srb20127.gif

P-Meter flight. Got it working in less than an hour.

Last edited:
I love the visuals and atmosphere of that level, Ritz. The transition from the normal section to the underwater section seems a bit awkward though. I think adding a ripple animation like the underwater rock walls have as a divider between air/water would look better.

Ritz, that looks absolutely amazing visually. I would suggest having a normal transition into the water sections, though, with a textured surface, even if that surface is vertical and makes no logical sense. It might even work out better with a normal water entry and exit, although making it so the player can go down to exit the air might make things more complicated.

It's okay, the situation is under control and it's gonna be okay- map's just for testing graphics, the real thing will have double doors and pipes for indoor-outdoor transitions.

Well if you're just doing a graphics test, I'd say your result is a resounding success. That looks visually amazing.

Ritz, that really looks amazing as heck. Nothing more to say...

Well, here's a screenshot of my level:
wATRFfeamxNBQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
f1t9N9q
f1t9N9q.png

Feedback would be greatly appreciated. But first: I know the purple flowers look bad, that's going to change. Also, there isn't much thing placement and sector-based scenery yet, it's just about the level's structure and basic visual design. The setting is supposed to be a forest & hills setting which gets more and more mechanical later on.

I like the staircase :P

Ors, I hope you're using portal sectors, right? No more of those silly silent/relative teleport shenanigans?

Ors, I hope you're using portal sectors, right? No more of those silly silent/relative teleport shenanigans?
I'm actually using Lua to teleport player properly and change the direction at the same time. The he'll not notice anything.
Now the linedef executor hook is broken, so it's hard to continue this before 2.1.8

Last edited:
srb20020.gif

Just a fun little thing I made ready for 2.1.8's release.

This is merely a silly test, but it opens up a lot of possibilities!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back