how can i make a level pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sonicxamy said:
is there something i can use to make a level pack maybe?
Well all you do I think is make a level. And in xwe use merge wad. And thats all I think. I may be wrong.

sonicxamy said:

Whatyou must do is make a few levels in seperate WADs in SRB2DB, use the "Merge Wad" option, and then properly set up a MainCFG that will let your levels work properly (setting a skynum, implenting "nextlevel," etc.). The wiki should help.

I'm going to be honest with you, you are not ready to start making level packs. You don't have enough experience in level design, and the few levels you've already made were terrible. I suggest you start by reading this page, and all the links in it. Afterwards, make a level, and, after learning what people do and don't like in the level you made, make another level afterwards, with more of what you've found people like, and less of what you found they didn't.

Dark Warrior's right. It takes a lot of skill to make a level pack. I have the basics of level making down really well, but, despite that, the level pack I released wasn't all that good.

Angechu said:
sonicxamy said:
Well all you do I think is make a level. And in xwe use merge wad. And thats all I think. I may be wrong.

Theres a easyer way to do it with SRB2 Doom Builder.

1) Open SRB2 Doom Builder

2) Press File then new map

3) Build your map

4) Press file then save map into

5) Type in the wad name, including the .wad

6) Make sure the wad name is at the top of the program's bar

7) Open the same wad and see if you did it!

However 1 map can take 2 weeks, and I know you do
not like to work nonstop so, just a reminder, do not
start with a huge square.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back