I need help with sprites in XWE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help with my sprites for making a character wad. for making the sprites i use ms paint and i save them as bitmap. when i tried the wad in srb2, the sprites went black, like this:

examplehelpXWE.jpg

this is just a example. well i hope you'll help me

jewel

thx for your help, i know that the sprite background have to be cryan. i tried to tell xwe to set the iwad to srb2.srb. i really tried everything! =(

Jewel the Mystery said:
thx for your help, i know that the sprite background have to be cryan. i tried to tell xwe to set the iwad to srb2.srb. i really tried everything! =(
Sigh, not this again, give me 5 mins and ill tell you how to set srb2.srb as the iwad

EDIT = ok to change the iwad open the xwe config file then scroll to the bottom until you see something like this
(TOOLS)
;
; Feel free to change these
; XWE will ask for location or find the file automatically
;
MainWAD,C:\Users\Silent Snipe\Documents\srb2\,srb2.srb
;MainWAD,C:\Doom\DOOM2\,DOOM2.WAD
Run Map,C:\Doom\ZDooM\,ZDOOM.EXE
Nodes Builder,C:\Doom\TOOLS\ZenNode\win32\,ZENNODE.EXE
Action Script Compiler,C:\Doom\builder\,ACC.EXE
Mus2Midi Utility,C:\Doom\TOOLS\Mus2Mid\,MUS2MIDI.EXE
;MainWAD,C:\Doom\Others\Hexen\,HEXEN.WAD
Midi2Mus Utility,C:\Doom\TOOLS\DeePsea\,MIDI2MUS.EXE
Change the part that i put in bold to where your srb2 iwad is and that should fix the problem, also dont forget to save it.

Silent_Snipe said:
Jewel the Mystery said:
Sigh, not this again, give me 5 mins and ill tell you how to set srb2.srb as the iwad

EDIT = ok to change the iwad open the xwe config file then scroll to the bottom until you see something like this
(TOOLS)
;
; Feel free to change these
; XWE will ask for location or find the file automatically
;
MainWAD,C:\Users\Silent Snipe\Documents\srb2\,srb2.srb
;MainWAD,C:\Doom\DOOM2\,DOOM2.WAD
Run Map,C:\Doom\ZDooM\,ZDOOM.EXE
Nodes Builder,C:\Doom\TOOLS\ZenNode\win32\,ZENNODE.EXE
Action Script Compiler,C:\Doom\builder\,ACC.EXE
Mus2Midi Utility,C:\Doom\TOOLS\Mus2Mid\,MUS2MIDI.EXE
;MainWAD,C:\Doom\Others\Hexen\,HEXEN.WAD
Midi2Mus Utility,C:\Doom\TOOLS\DeePsea\,MIDI2MUS.EXE
Change the part that i put in bold to where your srb2 iwad is and that should fix the problem, also dont forget to save it.

Thx, i know what to do now, but my stupid windows doesnt show the xwe folder in "all programms". I started a search too, but i didn't find anything. Do you know where to find this folder?

Jewel the Mystery said:
Thx, i know what to do now, but my stupid windows doesnt show the xwe folder in "all programms". I started a search too, but i didn't find anything. Do you know where to find this folder?
Only thou knowest the answer to thy question, because you installed it, dummy. :P
I'd guess in C:\Program Files\XWE or something along those lines, if you're in WinXP.

hahaha...^^'

well, i did everything you said, told xwe to change the iwad to the srb2.srb file, but nothing happened! Do i have to make a folder for xwe with its config file etc?

Now it works, i made a folder for it. But now i have another problem: I wanna make a wad of my dog. The most of the sprites are finished yet. But 2 pics (i edited them from photos of my cam) aren't show in the game, they are yust little blue... things -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back