What's your favorite FPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueZero4

(not a palindrome)
With so many games in the FPS genre, I've found that I can really only have one FPS game that I play. Not because all of them aren't enjoyable, but if I'm not having as much fun playing one game as I would another, why aren't I playing the better game? So, members of the SRB2 community, which FPS game is the most fun for you?

For me, Perfect Dark Zero is my favorite. I could go on a rant about all the different features it has, but for me the most important feature is the multiplayer. The campaign supports 2-player local co-op, and the competitive modes support 4-player local as well as bots of adjustable difficulties. If you're interested, there's a PDZ demo on Xbox Live, so feel free to yell at me for playing a launch title.

Single-player: Doom. Really, it's possibly the most moddable PC game out there right now, and the simplistic gameplay means it rarely ever gets confusing. If I want tried-and-true, I can run through the official stages one more time for solid gunplay. If I want new, there are only a bazillion WADs out there to toss into the game to mess around with, and at least two really good random level generators that can generate WADs on the fly (although they do get a bit samey after a while <_<). It's a game that keeps on giving.

Multiplayer: Team Fortress 2. How the hell can a single game consistently feel so fresh? Even if I've played a map a bazillion times, I can swap to another class and get a new perspective on the situation. Or if I decide to stick with one I use a lot, then the OTHER team might be trying something different, so the same strategy won't always work twice. Plus Valve keeps pumping in new content into the game, so...

GZDOOM, personally. Skulltag for multiplayer (since it's already built off of GZDOOM), but Skulltag doesn't have the latest ZDOOM revisions last I checked (revisions as recent as this month), while GZDOOM does.

Single player: Half-Life series.
Why: It can be short, but the mods are great. The gameplay is perfect as it is in my opinion, and the large amount of weapons are great.

Multiplayer: Left 4 Dead (360) or TF2 (CPU).
L4D is great for multiplayer because of the amount of time to actually complete the chapters with friends, or of course, versus mode. Especially trying to escape Tanks.. Or getting left behind, for dead. :P

TF2, because it is not your ordinary FPS. I like it mostly for the lots of odd things within it. Especially the Demoman and Heavy.

Short descriptions, I know.

For single player, definately Half Life 2.

Multiplayer would have to be CoD4: Modern Warfare or CoD: World at War. Both games just work so well, and with the best weapon balance I have ever seen in a videogame, making everything useful...

So much fun!

Single player is Half-Life 2
Great selection of weapons and great story to go with it.
Multilayer would be Halo: Custom Edition.
Has great weapon choices and unlimited supply of maps.

Both Single Player and Multiplayer go to Call of Duty: World at War. The SP campaign has great, emotional storytelling, and the multiplayer is VERY fun and replayable.

I don't usually play FPS', but I have tried Battlefield 2 : Modern Combat and liked it.

Wish I had CoD : WaW. D:

Shadow Hog said:
Single-player: Doom. Really, it's possibly the most moddable PC game out there right now, and the simplistic gameplay means it rarely ever gets confusing. If I want tried-and-true, I can run through the official stages one more time for solid gunplay. If I want new, there are only a bazillion WADs out there to toss into the game to mess around with, and at least two really good random level generators that can generate WADs on the fly (although they do get a bit samey after a while <_<). It's a game that keeps on giving.

I would have to agree with this. I have recently playing KDIZD (Knee Deep in ZDoom; http://kdizd.drdteam.org/), and I have to say that it completely and utterly rocks. I have never had so much fun playing Doom before, or have actually been somewhat creeped out doing so. There were some nice parts that gave me a pleasant jolt here and there. I can't imagine the level of awesomeness Doom 3 would've been if their level design was like this.
I'll stop obsessing now.

For single player I'd have to say Half-Life:
I liked the story, gameplay of it, and i've been a fan of half-life since it first came out.

and for Mutiplayer: Halo Series:
I love the weapons, vehicles, and online modes, and the overall gameplay and story of halo.

Single player: Halo Series (preferably 1 or 3) Imo, massive replayablity

Multiplayer: Battlefield 2142 imo again never ending fun sniping.

Soldier of fortune 2 (Haha guts and gore galore)

And the miscellaneous free korean FPS such as Alliance of Valiant Arms and Combat Arms.

Doom, obviously. I like using the port GZDoom because it supports a bunch of different things and has its own nice features. I also like that it supports Heretic, Hexen and Strife and not just Doom. It also supports Chex Quest.

Super 3D Noah's Ark or Chex Quest. (Actually, I like Chex Quest 3, it's pretty bad ass.)

Uhm I got a list:
SinglePlayer Favs:
Doom
Doom 2
Heretic
Multi:
Skulltag
Star wars battlefront (if it counts)
Srb2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back