[Open Assets] Permanent weapons

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amperbee

thunderdome denizen
Have you wanted to use ring weapons in singleplayer/coop?
Have you wanted to never run out of rings while using these weapons?
Do you want to never lose them?
Misc question: Possibly you want to create mayhem on match forcing everyone to make a mess spamming grenades everywhere in a confined space like GFZ3?
Then this does the trick!
This modification lets the admin use a command to set permanent weapons.

What are permanent weapons and what they do?
Well, permanent weapons are self-descriptive:
You always have them.
You cannot lose them by being hit.
You cannot run out of ammo!
You can use this in coop/singleplayer too!
And even if you die, when you respawn you have these again!
And the best part of it: These doesn't use your rings! So basically you can spam grenades without having fear of dying! (unless you get hit)
And with only 1 ring you are able to use any gun!

Using the addon
The command that does this is "permguns".

When used alone, it gives a quick explanation for the command, but it isn't enough useful information. There's the explanation:

permguns_zps681ad0ad.png

As you can see, the command takes six arguments: Whether if you want the automatic, bounce, scatter, grenade, bomb or rail rings.
If you want to have infinite weapon rings for a certain gun, you would type "1" as the argument for that weapon, and if you don't want it, you type "0". Numbers without quotes!
New from 1.1: Now you can also use "2" as the argument to be able to set permanent guns, that DO use rings.

If you, for example, wanted to have infinite automatic and rail rings, you would use
permguns 1 0 0 0 0 1
and voila: The other guns won't be permanent but the automatic and rail rings!

However, as normal, if you want to use a weapon, you MUST have at least 1 ring.

New from 1.1:
Imagine that for some reason you want to make all weapons permanent but you don't want people spamming the grenades, but you want to enable grenades. All you have to do is use
permguns 1 1 1 2 1 1
Now, people can use all guns, but if you try to use the grenade you will lose a ring, as usual.

Remember, if a gun isn't permanent, it is rendered unobtainable: If only automatic rings are permanent, don't bother grabbing the other weapon rings (infinity rings, however, can be obtained) because it will be removed from your hotbar as soon as it is grabbed.

The guns can be toggled in singleplayer, co-op, match, tag, you name it - as long as ringslinger is on.

ToDo
  • Make something to let people grab non-permanent weapons.
    (Quick note: I can't. Read the comments in the file)
  • A way to use weapon names in command

Accepting suggestions!

Known bugs
None yet! Woo!
(However, if you find one, tell me so I can fix it ASAP!)

Changelog
Released!

Changed a flag to prevent non-admins change the permanent weapons.

Removed the "Permanent guns set" spam.
Added a new argument to set permanent guns that use rings.
Resynch errors happen less often (all variables are now synched correctly)
If an argument is not set (is nil) it is automatically set to 0.
Added more comments in the file.
Added more blank lines in the file.

Attachments

• srb20013.gif
    srb20013.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 1,227
  • srb20010.gif
    srb20010.gif
    7.7 MB · Views: 948
  • srb20005.gif
    srb20005.gif
    360.5 KB · Views: 700
  • srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    4.8 MB · Views: 703
  • srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 823
  • permguns.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 704
  • permguns-1_1.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 783
Last edited:
This all seems to work properly, even though permanent automatic would just be silly overpowered, but since it will effect everyone I guess that doesn't matter too much.

Heh, Good. Now those Cheat Engine losers won't get in the way when I'm using the Lua script.

Last edited:
This look interesting, Infinite Bomb/Rail Rings would make a interesting battle to see with my own eyes!

*hint hint* make a map with only Bomb and Rail rings for this lua!

Some suggestions I have for this.
  • I think the command could use a little restructure, because the current one reminds me of 2.0's orderpizza. Instead of having "permguns 1 1 1 1 1 1" to get every weapon, it'd be nice to have something like "permguns all on", "permguns grenade on", etc.
  • To avoid the command printing out 7 lines of weapon ring activation, print this out when activating all weapon rings: [PG] All permanent weapon rings have been enabled.
I know nothing about Lua, so if this becomes too hard to implement, then I guess I'm gonna stick with "permguns 1 1 1 1 1 1". After all, I'm more than happy to finally have weapon rings in Co-op!

• I think the command could use a little restructure, because the current one reminds me of 2.0's orderpizza. Instead of having "permguns 1 1 1 1 1 1" to get every weapon, it'd be nice to have something like "permguns all on", "permguns grenade on", etc.
  • To avoid the command printing out 7 lines of weapon ring activation, print this out when activating all weapon rings: [PG] All permanent weapon rings have been enabled.

1) The command was made this way because it's easier and quicker. I could, however, make a way to be able to type the gun name and the availability of it.
2) I'll see what I can do about that.

These things aren't hard to implement (for the first I can reuse the arguments and check if these are pointing to a gun, making the third have a different use such as "on/off", and for the second is just matter of rewriting the entire thing).

Last edited:
Addon updated to 1.1.

Changes:
Removed the "Permanent guns set" spam.
Added a new argument to set permanent guns that use rings.
Resynch errors happen less often (all variables are now synched correctly)
If an argument is not set (is nil) it is automatically set to 0.
Added more comments in the file.
Added more blank lines in the file.

I'll put in my vote here for "things they should include in the next update". Seems like this really should have happened long ago. Oh well, great to see it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back