Suggestions

I second Scizor's suggestion, you can't even really use the timer left, even if you account for things like extra time and such, you can't accurately account for the egg capsule very well, since its different time for different sphere requirements and that freezes the time left timer, but not the actual timer.

Make SS7 harder; I shouldn't be able to get an A rank when I get hit like 5 times.
7HZPG.gif

Getting hit only makes you lose time, as long as you keep your link it has no effect on your rank. So I don't see why this is a problem.

You should consider adding a timer to the NiGHTS stages during record attack. It's pretty irritating that you're unable to determine how much time you actually have left to make the record, only to finish and discover you were a good ten or twenty seconds off.

I thought about doing this a while ago, but I didn't know where would be the best place to put it without it getting too cluttered.

Don't make SS7 harder. It's great as it is. People who want insane challenge can go A-rank Black Hole. I still have yet to do it.

As for the timer, I suppose you can just put a small one in the bottom left corner. It doesn't have to be big and obvious, it's just for people attempting Time Attack.

Last edited:
犬夜叉;744069 said:
I thought about doing this a while ago, but I didn't know where would be the best place to put it without it getting too cluttered.

Could you not fit a small time display under or above the actual timer?

犬夜叉;744069 said:

Placing it under the actual timer or to the bottom right might work. It's probably going to make the screen look a bit cluttered either way.

I'd like to note for those of you who find A rank easy: there is a secret rank above A. Try for that instead and you'll find that getting hit five times most definitely puts you out of the running =P

Because if they had made it an S, you'd be complaining about how stupid it is to have an "A" emblem when A isn't even the highest mark you can get.

I also personally find S rank to sound really stupid. It was originally intended to be an A+, but it turns out that A+ isn't a global concept, and we're trying to keep things as universal as possible.

I know there's a rainbow A rank, but I don't feel like it's worth going for them because there isn't a reward for doing so.

Also, Black Hole is complete bullshit.

Happy 200th page for those who use default forum settings, by the way.

I know there's a rainbow A rank, but I don't feel like it's worth going for them because there isn't a reward for doing so.

Also, Black Hole is complete bullshit.

Happy 200th page for those who use default forum settings, by the way.
Yeah, it sucks when one challenge isn't hard enough for you, but you don't want to do the difficult challenges, right?

Black Hole's obstacles are more predictable and forgiving than SS7. You just have a much stricter time limit, which is... what you were asking for in the first place for SS7?

Make SS7 harder; I shouldn't be able to get an A rank when I get hit like 5 times.
7HZPG.gif
It's already hard enough. If you want a extra challenge, then get the Rainbow A rank. It doesn't give something because its one of the hardest challenges in the game and not everyone can do it. A Rank on special stages is needed for all emblems, which unlock something.

It's already hard enough. If you want a extra challenge, then get the Rainbow A rank. It doesn't give something because its one of the hardest challenges in the game and not everyone can do it. A Rank on special stages is needed for all emblems, which unlock something.
I'd probably go for Rainbow A on everything if there was an actual reward for it, but otherwise I'm just too lazy (and busy playing other things)

Speaking of which, add an incentive for getting rainbow A on everything? like a secret cutscene or something?

Hmmmmm..... I don't know, maybe getting rainbow A on all SS may reward you the "Show your mastery of NiGHTS mode or however it is called!" emblem.....

Then it'd be too difficult to get all 160 emblems. Remember, the game is meant to be 100%-able for more than 3 people.

Hmmmmm..... I don't know, maybe getting rainbow A on all SS may reward you the "Show your mastery of NiGHTS mode or however it is called!" emblem.....

You get that one for completing Black Hole.

...You know how Black Hole has you getting that fake black emerald inside the stage? Would it be possible to replace the black emerald with the NiGHTS Mastery emblem?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Back