StellarStardust

I am the perfect and elegant maid~
Introducing MixedHUD.

Inspired by SRB2's new titlecards and various other sources, this replaces the S2 HUD that SRB2 uses with a fresh new take on how it looks.(All these screenshots are taken with the HUD in Mania mode, but I have tested it with the other HUD modes and everything seems to be fine.)

There's two versions. Standard and Deluxe.

Standard is the netgame friendly version. You can just add it during a netgame without no issues whatsoever.

Deluxe is the version with extra bell and whistles.(As you can see in these screenshots here.) You get a fancy life icon
AND the HUD will change to the color of your character to boot.(Special thanks to Manimi for coding this!)
DaxWdoM.png

It's also compatible with custom characters(recommended to always add MixedHUD last if you want it to work properly with custom characters btw!); although not all are currently supported as of now. Future updates may add support for more characters, however.
Special thanks to Mill for making the graphics for all these characters for the life icon in the deluxe version, they turned out better than my attempt and I'm very happy with the results.

KoQNNRh.png

Currently supported characters:
  • Eggman
  • The Derp
  • Dirk
  • Flicky
  • Silver
  • Neo Sonic

Changelog:
v1:
  • Initial release

v2:
  • Tweaked assets to be more slim and overall look better.
  • Adjusted offsets to make the HUD not look like a mess.
  • Split the original pk3 into two versions. Standard and Deluxe. Deluxe is the original version, only with the added ability to change colors.

v2.1:
  • Lined up the RINGS with everything else in the HUD.
  • Deluxe HUD no longer shows up in special stages.
  • Results screens now match your character color when you finish a stage!(Special thanks to ManimiFire once again for this!)

Attachments

• srb20325.png
    srb20325.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,015
  • srb20326.png
    srb20326.png
    66 KB · Views: 863
  • srb20328.png
    srb20328.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 800
  • srb20357.png
    srb20357.png
    49 KB · Views: 610
  • srb20372.png
    srb20372.png
    38.4 KB · Views: 872
  • V_MixedHUD-v2.1.pk3
    10.8 KB · Views: 992
  • VL_MixedHUDDeluxe-v2.1.pk3
    31.8 KB · Views: 1,853
Last edited:
What about a version for people to join netgames with. I think XTRAA0 or life-icon modifying files mark the game as modified. You don't need to make one if you don't want to. Just a suggestion.

What about a version for people to join netgames with. I think XTRAA0 or life-icon modifying files mark the game as modified. You don't need to make one if you don't want to. Just a suggestion.

Already on it. Next update will introduce a "standard" version that'll be netgame friendly and a "deluxe" version with the unique life icon and possibly making the HUD match your skincolor.

Already on it. Next update will introduce a "standard" version that'll be netgame friendly and a "deluxe" version with the unique life icon and possibly making the HUD match your skincolor.

Don't you need LUA or scripting to make the HUD match the skincolor? I don't think HUDs work with the green or whatever.

Used this playing Sonic and Eggman.This is really easy on the eyes. It's cool and the colors are perfect, the style and formatting is just right. It nails that late 90s era while being unique and new.

Suggestions/Questions:

1) Can the name and number on the bottom-left match the font/style of the top-left?

2) I don't know if any custom HUDs overwrite the Modern Sonic one (or even if it's possible), but I'd love to see that this style on that, like how a boost meter would look in HD classic. Maybe as a fourth row in the upper left as a numerical percentage out of 100? (ie, under Rings, it'd be Power 75%)

3) Gotta say, I'd even prefer this font used over the Sonic 2 style font of the Act and Special Stage completion screens. This is a bit more like Sonic CD which is the better of the two, imo.

Cool!

2) I don't know if any custom HUDs overwrite the Modern Sonic one (or even if it's possible), but I'd love to see that this style on that, like how a boost meter would look in HD classic. Maybe as a fourth row in the upper left as a numerical percentage out of 100? (ie, under Rings, it'd be Power 75%)

Nah, Modern Sonic's HUD is hardcoded. No way to replace it unless Spork rewrote it to allow that. And this is just a simple graphics replacement for the default HUD anyway.

New update! This splits the pk3 into two; Standard and Deluxe. Standard is the new, netgame friendly version! You can add this one during a game with no issues whatsoever. Deluxe has the classic life icon, now with a color-changing HUD to boot! Special thanks goes to ManimiFire for coding this as well. I've also made some adjustments to the HUD itself to hopefully make it look much better.

v2.1 is out!

Another new update to fix the RINGS text in the HUD and make the Deluxe HUD no longer show in special stages, as well as making the results screens match your character color too! This also includes special stage results too!

srb20372.png

Nah, Modern Sonic's HUD is hardcoded. No way to replace it unless Spork rewrote it to allow that. And this is just a simple graphics replacement for the default HUD anyway.

By going into the console, you can change the hud by doing hudstyle, type hudstyle 0 and muah lah, i did this before on a custom hud of mine.
But if you mean by not overlapping the original and just modern sonic's hud (like forces for example), you may have to patch his skin and replace the sprites.

Don't you need LUA or scripting to make the HUD match the skincolor? I don't think HUDs work with the green or whatever.

You may also have to patch the skin because the player icon for the life icon uses the default colors too, like Sonic's icon is blue, and he is too, change him to a diff color, that changes too, what i mean is, if you patch the skin, and then add the main color to the life icon, it will too change color.

My favorite HUD mod, hands down! I love the extra details in Deluxe like how it matches your colour- even if it's an animated skin colour from another mod- and the new life icons... are pure gorgousness. Never liked the default one when it's used with other HUD mods, it looks so plain in comparison. I wonder if you'll alter the title card font someday to match a little better! I use the 3D Blast one, it lines up with the HUD here really nicely~

Reee end screen doesn't work in my aspect ratio :pensive:
Nor does it work in 1080p. I'm fairly certain there's a way to fix this, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled. Also, since Neo Sonic's last update- Mixed HUD Deluxe is no longer compatible with his life icon. I hope to see more updates for this, in any case!!

New update as v3 is now out!
The main post has been updated with new screenshots and GIFs as well as a notice.... which exists now for various reasons...

Anyways, here is what's new in v3:

v.3:
  • Polished up some assets, so the HUD should look much nicer now.
  • New titlecard font and act numbers.(up to 3 as of now, I'll do the rest at a later update.)
  • New small and tiny fonts for the chat and general UI.
  • Added support for more characters such as Shadow, Espio and Pointy Sonic and Fluffy Tails. Check the list of supported characters for the full details.
  • This update was long overdue. That's all I can say.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back