This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I love this level pack so much, and after this update I was sold. You should make a Sonic Adventure level pack with Adventure fields and everything, because you could easily pull it off with your level mapping and your sense of Adventure.

Very nice. I've played through the whole thing a second time, with Sonic & Tails, and again as Knuckles to get some of the emblems I missed. Right now, I'm just missing four emblems. The others have me stumped.

One problem I've run into, though. In the School Campus, I can't collect the emblem near detention. I noticed it appears as a green star emblem, while the other emblems in the level are red. Could that have something to do with it, like if two emblems are tied to the same icon the game recognizes them as the same thing?

Really got a kick out of your Green Hills level. I know you don't like Green Hill Zone being recreated in every Sonic game, so I was wondering what was up there. I know it's a troll level, but I really enjoyed it. I particularly enjoyed the use of the giant rings, and the places you hid the emblems.

I also like the way you implemented my suggestions. When I made those suggestions, I was picturing like a single platform to hide an emblem on. But you went and created entirely new paths for them. lol

Oops, can't believe I missed out on those awkward solid logs in all my test plays.
Okay, updated 1.3 with that fixed, the detention emblem working correctly (Gave it the wrong Tag number) and I fixed a texture glitch in the Egg fleet stage.

A Sonic Adventure level pack? Would be cool, but wasn't there already a (Pretty old, but pretty cool) Sonic Adventure DX mod? Don't want to step on that creator's toes. Altough I suppose there weren't HUB area's included and it's out of date now.
I'll think about it.

One idea I'm toying with is having a Super Floating island level.
Like, an Angel island where several zones from Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Advance 1/3 and maybe even rivals all appear as one celebration of Floating island as a whole, rather then just being a remake of one specific zone. Could be a cool secret level in part 2. Altough maybe too ambitious.
Whatever, shouldn't think too much about that yet, gotta get part 1 ironed out and part 2 going first.

A Sonic Adventure level pack? Would be cool, but wasn't there already a (Pretty old, but pretty cool) Sonic Adventure DX mod? Don't want to step on that creator's toes. Altough I suppose there weren't HUB area's included and it's out of date now.
I'll think about it.

As long as you're not using their work and passing it off as your own, I don't see a problem with it. It's not like they own Sonic Adventure DX or something. lol

However, I have seen some stuff in the works for future updates of SRB2, which will change the way levels are made. Later versions will probably be much better able to recreate Adventure levels than the current version allows. Specifically, slopes will be much smoother, easier to make, and less unwieldy.

srb20396.gif

Holy....That gameplay footage is heavenly.

Tough kinda makes making mods for Sonic robo blast 2 a bit scary, like it's a ticking timebomb until all the current mods are obsolete trash again. ^^;

Holy....That gameplay footage is heavenly.

Tough kinda makes making mods for Sonic robo blast 2 a bit scary, like it's a ticking timebomb until all the current mods are obsolete trash again. ^^;

Haha! Don't worry about it. It'll probably be a while before the 3.0 release comes out.

I do wonder what levels will look like after that update, though. While that kind of racetrack looking level design can be cool, I doubt it will take the place of actual platforming. Maybe they'll find a balance between the two.

I know they're planning to alter the physics, and they're apparently considering replacing Sonic's thok with something else, but it's hard to say exactly how different it will be until we get something solid. Part of me thinks they should leave SRB2 how it is, and instead of overhauling this game again, make a brand new SRB3 game with the new stuff.

Unfortunately, it seems you missed a few things while updating the maps. For instance, some of the swamp water is still yellow.

attachment.php

I don't recall anything else as bad as this, but still might be worth going through the old content once more to see what still needs fixing.

Beyond that, this was a very good update. The emblems range from being obvious ones for idiots like me to find, to crafty lil buggers, to ones that can only be described as "delightfully devilish". That one at the end of Egg Fleet 3.5 was quite something. I very much appreciate that you made Green Hills unlockable with just 40 emblems instead of requiring all 45 from the campaign, since again some of them are just... geez.

Was Green Hills meant to be a troll? I saw the joke coming. Kinda wish we could have seen Donutlord in person rather than just his police car. Those bear traps are somewhat annoying since you can't really see them coming, maybe they should upright textures so they stand out a bit more. All in all, a solid 7/10, needed more Olive Garden.

like it's a ticking timebomb until all the current mods are obsolete trash again. ^^;

Obsolete as in "badly aged" or as in "nonfunctional"? If it's the latter, then I don't think you need to worry much. Unless the next big version wipes the slate clean, then there's a significant chance this mod will continue to work out-of-the-box. Many 2.1 level-only mods work flawlessly in 2.2.

Really, the only thing to watch out for is if the color palette is changed again. That could get messy if all these textures are in the Doom format instead of being PNGs.

the 3.0 release

...is that a thing? Like, did the devs say that the next version of SRB2 is going to be 3.0 rather than 2.3? Because if so then... dang, son, I can only imagine how far the scope creep is gonna go. Not complaining tho!

Attachments

• srb20024.png
    srb20024.png
    163.9 KB · Views: 2,502
...is that a thing? Like, did the devs say that the next version of SRB2 is going to be 3.0 rather than 2.3? Because if so then... dang, son, I can only imagine how far the scope creep is gonna go. Not complaining tho!

Oops. No, you're right. I forgot what the numbering system for these versions was. I meant 2.3.

Hmm, I could select Green Hills on the level select despite having only a few emblems, you might want to check that out. Other than that, I love this mod! ^^

EDIT: I dunno if it's because I finished this mod on the last version.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm aware Green Hillw unlocks too early.
I thought with adding a diffrent number to the level select SOC code, it would work as a seperate level trigger, but appearently not.
It's annoying that I can't test out if the code works unless I keep replaying the mod from scratch over and over again, pfft.
I'll try something else for the next (Small) update, tough frankly I don't care too much.
At least it's a glitch that works in the player's favor.

Fixed the swamp water, but I won't update the file until a buddy of mine goes trough the game on discord with me so I can spot more points of interest. I went trough the levels so often I'm completely blind for any mistakes now.

Donut Lord Does appear in the flesh, when you enter the open city area, if you go straight until you run into the barrier, you see him guiding the ducks across the street. I only forgot to give Sticks a cameo, to tie it back with an earlier Sonic movie gag.

Heh, a troll level? Other then being cheecky with what kind of Green Hill zone the player gets, and the Olive garden gag and the music being a nod to original trailer, I did try to treat the level as straight as I could for being a Sonic movie adaptation level. Other then neglecting San Fransisco and the biker bar, but wanted to keep it Green Hills centric.

Hmm, guess I'll put food on the bear traps to make it more visible. Makes that segment feel even more like a Bugs Bunny cartoon. Heh.

Last edited:
I should also note that, in Egg Fleet, where that face appears right before you dash with the boosters to the right, I could jump down and there was no death plane. Just something minor but you can get back up with Tails or by restarting the level.

Ok, this is my first comment ever in the message board, because I need to make it clear, this level pack is amazing.
The level design, the atmosphere, the voice acting, the texture working, the music, it's just so charming and beautiful, also new and nostalgic at the same time. Keep up with your good work! I'd love to see more content from you.

I liked so much of the pack is so amazing and have a lot of references. But is a bug in the map Run when you enter in the facility full of speedboosters if be close of the first van you gonna be stuck. But the pack is 10/10

This mod is amazing. I was just looking around youtube and BAM! Sol Sestancia. (I actually spelled that correctly?) I downloaded it and it's a bit glitchy, but it is one of my FAVORITE SRB2 mods.

Last edited:
Okay, this will be the last update in a while.
Most of this update has little to do with SRB2 itself, just that the cutscenes are completed.
In this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DimMHymlAgQ
They're not in the game itself. For part 2 I'll have to figure out how to tell the story in-game. Guess that's where the RPG ish area's are for.
So for those wanting to understand the context behind the levels, there ya go.

The game file also got an update, 1.4, but it's very minor, so feel free to ignore. Biggest changes are that Tangle and Jewel finally speak, fixed up the awkward skybox in level 2 and 3,adressed the swamp colormap problem, replaced the chainsaws in Detention with plain spikes, removed some boosters in RUN and the cars and trains don't kill you anymore. And added Roadrunner style food on the beartraps in the secret level. So there ya go.

"Just a minor update including..."

*Pulls out list, which unrolls, extending out the door.*

"Just a few tweaks."

Great to see the cutscenes you intended to show. Hope you can find a way to include them in part 2. I know SSNTails originally intended cutscenes to show between each stage in the single player, many years ago. Maybe he gave up on those for similar reasons.

I recall someone in the SRB2 discord had figured out a way to load videos using Lua? He only used it for a ronaldinho soccer meme as far as I know. I'll ask him, we could probably get your cutscenes working in-game

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back