Team Kinetic (Dirk, Whirl, & Vesola)

Team Kinetic (Dirk, Whirl, & Vesola) v2.2.0

A complete rewrite for this thread for one reason only.

Introducing...Whirl The Ram

attachment.php

Whirl, Dirk's best buddy, is now a playable character. He assists Dirk along his journey and helps him in any way he can! Check the thread post for more information on this boy.

Not only Whirl joins in, Dirk also receives some minor updates. Would be Version 2.2 if he was still a standalone addon. Here's a list on what's changed for him

Code:
• Some of Dirk's animations have been updated.
• Dirk's Ice Cuffs got a polish to make them reflect their icy colors.
• Super Dirk got a make-over. It now uses a custom supercolor instead of cyan.
• All of the sounds don't cancel out when ending Ice Surf.
• Nani secret now triggers when bot is in the STND state.

What happened to Inazuma?

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 AM ----------

So i Found a Bug on The Addon,Eggman's Lasers Gets Changed to a Different Sprite Instead of the Original
SRB2_v2.2.6_17_07_2020_9_41_15.png

And Yes,i was Playing as Ivory From Logan8r,Sorry

Edit:That was not the Addon's bug,That was the old version of Modern Sonic's Bug

Last edited:
"hey ma, can we have Inazuma?"
"we have Inazuma at home"
Inazuma at home:

okok, jokes aside, i tried this out, and is really fun to play, i really wanted this character to be relevant as possible

i know this isn't really related but is there a mod that lets the character run on water when they are under the effect of the speed shoes?

Beat the game with Whirl a few hours ago, so now I can give my final thoughts on this wonderful character.

Dunno what to say apart from-
S
RANK
MATERIAL

Seriously, this was such a fun character to play with. I'll definitely play some other level packs with this, but there's one thing I can think of that can be improved upon.

I think it'd be nice if turning power got enhanced while Ram Charging and jumping at the cost of a speed penalty. That or just pulling the Ram Charge back in mid-air easier to do.

Beat the game with Whirl a few hours ago, so now I can give my final thoughts on this wonderful character.

Dunno what to say apart from-
S
RANK
MATERIAL

Seriously, this was such a fun character to play with. I'll definitely play some other level packs with this, but there's one thing I can think of that can be improved upon.

I think it'd be nice if turning power got enhanced while Ram Charging and jumping at the cost of a speed penalty. That or just pulling the Ram Charge back in mid-air easier to do.

Glad that you had fun with Whirl as much as I did making him! With the moves he had while testing alone and with others, I was bit skeptical on if his gameplay would be broken at first. But that's what feedback here is for, right?

As for the turning for the ram charge, its enough of a penalty for going fast. You're playing his ram charge like you're playing as Spyro and not Modern Sonic. You may able to bust through obstacles, but it really does change your handling a lot. As for the ram charge in mid-air, you can pull back by simply pressing the opposite direction in mid-air while using that move. The rebound can also be controlled if you bonked into a wall or any tough enemies if that helps you.

Glad that you had fun with Whirl as much as I did making him! With the moves he had while testing alone and with others, I was bit skeptical on if his gameplay would be broken at first. But that's what feedback here is for, right?

As for the turning for the ram charge, its enough of a penalty for going fast. You're playing his ram charge like you're playing as Spyro and not Modern Sonic. You may able to bust through obstacles, but it really does change your handling a lot. As for the ram charge in mid-air, you can pull back by simply pressing the opposite direction in mid-air while using that move. The rebound can also be controlled if you bonked into a wall or any tough enemies if that helps you.

I had a feeling it was just me not knowing much about his gameplay.

guess that means whirl is perfect

whirl 2.3

I'm trying to get all emblems with a Team only made by mods, using Neo Sonic, Inazume's Shadow, Silver, this, Hinoke and Werehog. In my head, the story is: everybody from the classic age (Knuckles, Tails, Amy, the Chaotix, Fang and others), except for Sonic, had been captured, and now, Sonic, Shadow and Silver are training a new group of heroes. They are Hinoke, Dirk an Whirl. Werehog is just a filler (and also because I like him pretty much in this game).

Last edited:
I'm trying to get all emblems with a Team only made by mods, using Neo Sonic, Inazume's Shadow, Silver, this, Hinoke and Werehog. In my head, the story is: everybody from the classic age (Knuckles, Tails, Amy, the Chaotix, Fang and others), except for Sonic, had been captured, and now, Sonic, Shadow and Silver are training a new group of heroes. They are Hinoke, Dirk an Whirl. Werehog is just a filler (and also because I like him pretty much in this game).

It's Hinote,not "Hinoke"

Version 1.1 is now up! This update focuses on giving these boys battle support. With Dirk, he's now up to date with some tweaks. Whirl on the other hand, is now supported completely! While he has no special moves for the mod, his main moveset deals damage in so many ways. Use them to fight others in battle!

- V1.1.0 - Battle support returns!
Dirk:
Code:
- General:
• Brough back battle support all updated to the latest version of SRB2 Battle.

-Battle:
• Frost stun radius has been nerfed from 320 to 240.
• Players now fly a bit higher when frozen.
• Dirk now has the parry system like the others and uses one shield storage.

Whirl:
Code:
- General:
• Propeller fly now halts your speed when propelling upwards.
• Propeller fly effects disappear in first person.
• Ram charge received new windflow papersprites to give it more charm.
• Using Ram charge with speed sneakers no longer slows you down. They stack to your current charge speed. This also applies to using the move on horizontal springs and when super. Don't ask about Super Whirl.
• Ram charge allows you to run on water.

-Battle:
• Added battle support. No special moves for Whirl due to all of his moves dealing damage.
• Ram charge speed will be reduced in these gametypes.
• Whirl can parry like everyone else and uses one shield storage.

-Bugfixes:
• Fixed an issue where bubble particles will rise out of the water.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Thanks to CobaltBW for assisting, testing, and giving me some feedback for Whirl! And I hope you guys will enjoy playing as him in battle mod. Feel free to give feedback and report any bugs you found here!

I gotta say, both Dirk and Whirl are a blast to play with. If I could give one criticism, it's that I'm not very fond of the way Whirl bounces back and slows down a bit when he charges into an enemy. It feels less like you're charging into them and blowing them away and more like you and the enemy just bumped into each other.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back