2.1: It's happening! Release details!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to draw special attention to the SRB1 emblem, which is the greatest work of art I've seen in my life.
Truly a gem to behold. I envy the amazing artist.

Anyway, I honestly would have preferred to be surprised as hell when this actually released, but I guess finally hearing of a release date is pretty cool.

That.. that's a SRB1 emblem.

Well, this'll be interesting. I'm quite interested to see (and FEEL) how the stages have changed in 2.1.. and I guess in two weeks we'll find out! Sweet!

Wonderful news! I suppose the SRB1 emblem will be in the SRB1 levels, yes?
Nah. It's just the icon for the SRB1 Remake completion emblem that's existed since 2.0. It is, however, a work of art that should be appreciated for years to come =P

Just a question: will the game's physics change?
Well, parts of it have. Several bugs have been fixed, which most notably affects the controls while moving beyond max running speed. This means that when you try to strafe while going beyond max speed, you'll actually turn instead of the strafe key being mostly ignored, but it'll start to normalize your speed to your normal max run speed. This also applies while flying up as Tails, so you can't spindash fly anymore, among other similar quirks.

Is the palette going to be different? Because if there is a change, that means that everyone is going to have to make wads all over again. (I know this may have been answered, but I'm lazy :P)

Cool, I got something to look forward to when I get back from my Spring Break trip. This is going to be good.

There is a new encounter using the same old ugly sprites. The new encounter is at least actually fun and might actually be possible to beat without looking up how to hit him or watching an ancient VHS tape.

2.1 is a myth
This entire thread is a myth

But in all seriousness, I might seem like I don't care, but this is me on the inside:
20508.jpg

Hopefully it's release would bring new players, and maybe even attract some of the old players as well.

Well I mean most of 2.1 has already been shown. ALSO, this thread was just posted yesterday and it already has 54 posts. (55 counting me.) So what happens after 2.1? Do you guys take a big break or something

Inevitably we play whack a mole with the bugs that we didn't catch before release, as always happens every release. We're not all the way up to 2.0.7 for nothing X_X

What's that Star ring emblem for?

Is it a Place holder since the Card suits + stars woud seem to be used the same way as the Red Rings are in Official Sonic games.

Edit:
I just had a thought, can the old slot numbers be used as names for soced objects?
I know it doesn't make much sense to continue to use them, but IMO it would make porting over levels with custom objects that much easier if we don't have to change their names from the old slot numbers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back