• Hell yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Digiku said:
Here's a solution: make Circuit levels which appreciate Tails's flying ability. Like, make shortcuts for Tails while Sonic and Knuckles have to take the long way around, all before the one starpost. None of the current circuit levels do that.

I like the direction this is going... pointing the finger away from me and putting it on Mystic. :mrgreen:

Ah, but the problem does not lie in level design, but in gameplay mechanic, Digi. You really can't use level design that way...It's not effective/efficient/viable. The fact remains that Tails is too slow, regardless of how the maps are built. It shouldn't be required to give special sections to Tails that way.

Well they could put flying boost things for special short cuts just for tails like in sa1 when u have to race sonic when ur tails but i agree tails needs to move faster if not running then flying because tails can fly almost as fast as sonic can run. The only problem then would be quickly changing direction in the air.

Super mystic sonic said:
Really, you guys should use the unlimited thingy from every Sonic game. Once you reach maxspeed, the players will slowly speed up, to unlimited speed. Finally you'll be uncontrollable and go bang against a wall. Aw....need to start all over.
Uh, what? The Sonic games have a speed cap that you can only pass by rolling downhill or being airborne. Since, obviously, SRB2 doesn't have any slopes, there goes that method of speeding up, so the only one left is being in air. A perfect example of this is the spindash flight trick as Tails. As long as he doesn't touch the ground, he doesn't slow down. It works in the real games just as easily as it does in SRB2, it's just hard to see where you're flying at light speed in a sidescroller, and in a 3D game you can see in front of you.

Honestly, I've always been a strong supporter of making Tails faster. Playing as Tails is so slow it bores me, especially with the gigantic size of most of our levels. I will note that this has NOTHING to do with race mode. There is always going to be a best character in race mode no matter what we do. I accept this and move on. However, playing as Tails is slow enough that avoid it because I don't find it fun, and I'd personally like that changed.

While AJ says it's to help newer players learn the ropes, honestly, I think it's detrimental to long-term enjoyment. I suggest easier early stages instead, myself.

Mystic said:
Super mystic sonic said:
Really, you guys should use the unlimited thingy from every Sonic game. Once you reach maxspeed, the players will slowly speed up, to unlimited speed. Finally you'll be uncontrollable and go bang against a wall. Aw....need to start all over.
Uh, what? The Sonic games have a speed cap that you can only pass by rolling downhill or being airborne. Since, obviously, SRB2 doesn't have any slopes, there goes that method of speeding up, so the only one left is being in air. A perfect example of this is the spindash flight trick as Tails. As long as he doesn't touch the ground, he doesn't slow down. It works in the real games just as easily as it does in SRB2, it's just hard to see where you're flying at light speed in a sidescroller, and in a 3D game you can see in front of you.

Honestly, I've always been a strong supporter of making Tails faster. Playing as Tails is so slow it bores me, especially with the gigantic size of most of our levels. I will note that this has NOTHING to do with race mode. There is always going to be a best character in race mode no matter what we do. I accept this and move on. However, playing as Tails is slow enough that avoid it because I don't find it fun, and I'd personally like that changed.

While AJ says it's to help newer players learn the ropes, honestly, I think it's detrimental to long-term enjoyment. I suggest easier early stages instead, myself.

I was gonna say that, except not in that much detail.

Tails' speed needs to be increased. Nothing to it.

We don't need to go into resolving it by level design or changing abilities. Just change Tails' speed. No, he doesn't need to be the best in circuit, but it has to be fair. I couldn't care less if it's changed to Sonic's or Knuckles' speeds, as long as it doesn't look like he's walking compared to others, I will be more than eager to use him full-time in almost any gametype. To add, I agree fully with Mystic.

There's no need to fiddle around with other related things, just make Tails faster and then you've made it even. Problem solved.

Blue Warrior said:
Tails' speed needs to be increased. Nothing to it.

We don't need to go into resolving it by level design or changing abilities. Just change Tails' speed. No, he doesn't need to be the best in circuit, but it has to be fair. I couldn't care less if it's changed to Sonic's or Knuckles' speeds, as long as it doesn't look like he's walking compared to others, I will be more than eager to use him full-time in almost any gametype. To add, I agree fully with Mystic.

There's no need to fiddle around with other related things, just make Tails faster and then you've made it even. Problem solved.

I agree. I like Tails running and hate to use him because of the way he walks all the time. Can't they at least put his speed right behind Knuckles.
And whats the point of him even being able to run on water if he's not even fast enough to run on it. :x

You don't really see as many Tails users as you see sonic and knuckles users in netgames. In fact, I've probably only seen 3 or 4 tails users in about 2 month's worth of netgaming. There are far too many sonic users out there, and knuckles users appear occasionally. The REAL problem is the fact that sonic is too powerful.

No, Sonic isn't too powerful. In fact, he's damned difficult to play expertly, at least for those of us who aren't very good. He's benefitial in large open areas, but go play Aerial Garden in an average netgame, and you'll be surprised how many people will turn to Tails.

In fact, I tend to use Tails a lot in races that aren't circuit for any level that requires some degree of jumping, because I simply can't control Sonic very well in them. I'm sure a lot of people feel this same strain. Sonic isn't overpowered by any means. It's the people who play him well enough to make it seem that way. The problem still lies in Tails and his being very, very slow.

You hardly ever see another Character other than Sonic, Tails and Knuckles in a netgame. The most common that are added are either Shadow the Hedgehog or overpowered SMS. Even in JTE, they don't bring out HMS123311 in netgames. I would say that tails speed should be 32 instead of 26, and knuckles being 34 while Sonic is still on Maximum 36. Even with that Sonic would still win to the abusive thok ability. Not to mention the use of SMS's multithok. It not that sonic is overpowered, or that tails is too underpowered. It's just that sonic doesn't get very high, compared to tails. He can get far but not get very high. Also he tends to go too far if he thoks.

HSEW said:
In fact, I've probably only seen 3 or 4 tails users in about 2 month's worth of netgaming.
My first netgame in a month or two, I was playing CTF, and it was this other guy and me against two Tails users. We whipped 'em 5 to nothin'. Not to mention we were Sonic and Knuckles users.

BlueZero4 said:
HSEW said:
In fact, I've probably only seen 3 or 4 tails users in about 2 month's worth of netgaming.
My first netgame in a month or two, I was playing CTF, and it was this other guy and me against two Tails users. We whipped 'em 5 to nothin'. Not to mention we were Sonic and Knuckles users.

I would have thought tails teamwork could have won that... or did the not use teamwork?

Maybe we were just better. I dunno. One of them was camping the flag while I had the high ground. Bad idea. Don't really think they used teamwork.

Oh wait, now my proof goes out the window. They were both stupid.

BlueZero4 said:
Maybe we were just better. I dunno. One of them was camping the flag while I had the high ground. Bad idea. Don't really think they used teamwork.

Stupid tails, you would have to be stupid to use such a slow character, maybe someone should speed it up.

The Yellow Blue Dude said:
BlueZero4 said:

Stupid tails, you would have to be stupid to use such a slow character, maybe someone should speed it up.
Erm, isn't that the point of this topic?

Just use the maxspeed increase thing I told you guys earlier. Once you reached maxspeed, your accel will be extremely slow, but you will run faster and faster the longer you don't jump/spindash/bash against a wall/hit a enemy/brake and keep running. This both fixes the speed problems, and keeps Sonic the fastest, since his accel keeps up till 36. And once you thok, you will land again with speed 36 and you'll have to dash all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back