Loading an in-wad script on wad load, not on level load, no extra files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezer'Arch

ArchPack 2.5 is on the way
Hi,

I have a bunch of custom commands that help me a lot which are written in a txt file (for level design, server management, camera and stuff). Every time I start up SRB2, they are loaded via autoexec.cfg or through EXEC command.

Now, I want to share some of my scripts through a wad file. I decided for wad file because I don't want people to mess with their autoexec's or type commands on console. I just want to say "just load the wad and the commands are ready for use". They won't need to access a specific level to load a SCRIPT lump (as shows ScriptName) and I don't want to create two files: one just for MAINCFG's ExecCFG and other for the scripts.

I'd like a wad with the scripts inside which are loaded on wad load. With no extra files, with no need of level load. I'd want to keep it as clean and simple as possible.

Is it possible?

Last edited:
I don't know much about scripts and such, but couldn't you stick the .txt file as a lump in a wad file and then have a lump like AUTOEXEC that runs the file from inside the wad? Like, looks for \\filename.wad\SCRIPTS or similar? I don't even know if this is possible, just a "think-out-loud" idea. Maybe it'll help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back