One last try (ZOMG RP CLAN!!!!11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Plushima

Princess of Dreams
Judge
I'm on an anti-majority kick lately, and so long as I'm training my writing skills by trying to make SMS cool, I've got another idea. I should be able to juggle both no problem, given the general way I handle things. However, this may turn off some of the higher-class members of the community.

Why do we say RP doesn't work in SRB2?

Problem #1 YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!
Generally, SRB2 RP is horribly unorganized, leading to everyone doing a bunch of unorganized crap, and straying from the main villain. Hence why I'm in the lead here, I've plans to bring everything together.

Problem #2 Character Representation
Generally, in SRB2 you're restricted to 45 character designs, most of which posses only minute color changes. In addition, you have only 3 movesets. (Plus, choosing one moveset drops your appearance count to 15)
However, I've been working on a lobby system, to be crammed into each level planned for RP, to allow the player to choose 2 additional powers, and various accessories (Capes, hats, etc). This concept is currently theoretical, so don't go bugging me about it.

Problem #3 Logan hates it
Simple fix, organize a set time for the servers, and host unadvertised.

The second two are fairly easy fixes, but the first is the big challenge here. Can the members of the SRB2 Community who feel like roleplaying last through a story written by yours truly?

So here's the deal, I'm starting an RP clan here. To be hosted unadvertised every Sunday (And possibly Wednesday) at a time yet to be decided. This schedule will begin at a date yet to be decided. So yeah, it's pretty sketchy.

Anyone interested in taking part, please say so now. Much as I hate to say this, if you are interested, please post the character you intend on using in this topic.

Be very careful with your character designs, don't rely too much on cheap gimmicks, special powers, and uh, try not to be TOO creative. It might be best to decide the physical appearance later, once I have a general idea of what this theoretical accessory system can do. I encourage you to design a new character for this purpose. Try and get someone who'll fit the role you're going for. We can't all be heroes, scan through previous posts (If any ever exist) to see what general niche has been filled.

Since I hate this community's inconsistency, I ask that you please follow this template:
Code:
Name: (Please do not follow the _____ the _____ template. I prefer made up words, but do what you want)
Appearance: (Again, I'd put N/A here for now. Please no pictures, words are worth more in the case of fancharacters)
Abilities: (KEEP IT SIMPLE! No matter what, you'll be restricted largely to the STK moveset. Special moves may include projectiles, double jumps, and the shield abilities. We'll see. Who knows, I may just have a few groundbreaking abilities made once the lobby's finished.)
General Personality: (As we're forming a team right now, this could be one sentence or less. A general theme is perfectly acceptable, "Main character's best friend" , "Young techno-wiz" , "Badass reluctant antihero" . Just bear in mind, in the story I have planned, you're the good guys. :))
You can add a backstory if you feel it's important, but please, no genetic experiments, no aliens, and no ancient Mayan Gods. I also appreciate if the source of your powers be either Magic, or the Metahuman gene. Ancient artifacts are frowned upon.

So yeah, another stupid Draykidea strikes. All are welcome, provided they can join via IP, add WADs, and jump.

Meh, I'll join.

Name: Kaysakado
Appearance: N/A
Abilities: Thok, and shooting a chargable laser, if possible. If the chargable laser isn't possible, I'll just go with a normal red ring.
General Personality: Main Character's Rival

Name:Reaper
Appearance: A grim reaper style character in a black robe, but no skull, or sickle. Instead, give him clawed hands, and red eyes in the hood.
Abilities: Instant Death to enemies upon shooting a black flame, Extremely high speed.
General Personality: An antihero with the sole purpose of eliminating his enemies...Cold and calculating as well.

Edit: This better?

Blade T. vampire said:
Name: Blade the Reaper
Appearance: A grim reaper style character in a black robe, but no skull, or sickle. Instead, give him clawed hands, and red eyes in the hood.
Abilities: Instant Death to enemies upon shooting a black flame, noclip.
General Personality: An antihero with the sole purpose of eliminating his enemies...Cold and calculating as well.

No @ bold.

Draykon said:
(Please do not follow the _____ the _____ template...

Abilities:[...]KEEP IT SIMPLE!....

Just bear in mind, in the story I have planned, you're the good guys...

Fix'd

Name: Riley
Appearance: Blue hedgehog with quills going upward(like Shadows) and has pointy ears. He has a black hoodie with Headphones and black jeans. He has red soap shoes and black gloves. He also wears black sunglasses that stays on from his nose.
Abilities: Fists, Guns, Sword, High Jumps, Speed, and ability to play electric gutiar.
General Personality: A laid back, silly guy who always does things for the heck of it and loves to have fun.
Hes also a little shy.

Well I have done this before so I guess I'll give it a good shot. Aww no genetic experiments or artifacts.

Name: Mike
Appearance: Sonicish with white fur, fox ears (like tails') and cross striped shoes. My Avatar gives an decent idea for what it looks like too.
Abilities: Floating, Teleportation (To nearest friend, foe or at player angle for 5 seconds in game might be a good idea if anyone else requests this.)
General Personality: Smart, and helpful but doesn't prefer to been seen in times of peace.

Name: Sik
Appearance: green hedgehog, gloves don't have fingers except for the thumb one.
Abilities: same as Sonic but less powerful (Sonic homes, I just thok, Sonic can reach sound speed, I only can reach 10% of that). I can do Chaos Control (even without a Chaos Emerald if I have accumulated enough energy) but I almost never use it so ignore it.
General personality: Random dude, friend of Sonic and co., a magnet for trouble, you know.

If we're going to roleplay, shouldn't we have a custom WAD? SonicFreak94 has have a private server for hangout/roleplaying with a custom level (the SF94 city) and everything works quite well.

I'm skeptical, Drayk. Many of your projects have just spontaneously died at one time or another.

That said, I'm not joining in. If anything, I'll be contributing by making level that you guys will inevitably use at one time or another.

BlueZero4 said:
I'm skeptical, Drayk. Many of your projects have just spontaneously died at one time or another.
Like the projects of most people here, including myself. And I'm not sure if SRB2 would be continued if it wasn't for you. Meaning that for one project hard to develop to continue a lot of people should want it to be supported and give the developers the willings to continue with it. Otherwise it'll be inevitably canceled.

Meh, I'm mostly ignored in this MB but what the heck.

Name: Chrome
Appearance: My avatar, a simple, white hedghog with a few blue markings.
Abilities: A shocking electric shield like Sonis Insta-shield in Sonic 3 but lasts a bit longer. It can kill and blow back enemies.
Personality: Cocky, rude, generally meaner to his friends, takes nothing seriously.

Heh, that's quite funny actually, I was thinking about adding some stuff to a dedicated server, including MySQL based stat tracking and login via sayto to the server. One of the things I wasn't so sure about though, but I really wanted, was for users to be able to buy hats to wear using money they had earnt from playing the game and winning. May I ask, how do you plan on doing this hat picking system?

Sik said:
(How is each finger called in English?)

HandDiagram.png

I did this all in Paint, just for the sake of being helpful! It's not the best I could do, though...

BlueZero4 said:
I will not deny this statement. I blame a general lack of interest from other users.

Cue said:
May I ask, how do you plan on doing this hat picking system?
You may, and, pretending you did: At each level change, players will find themselves in a lobby, with several teleporters. A holographic image will show the hat/cape/whatever in front of each teleporter. If the player wants that accessory, they simply walk through the teleporter, which warps them to a small room with a monitor that uses the same basis as my old cape monitor to give them the accessory, and a teleporter back.
For abilities on the other hand, to prevent clashing, the player will be warped to a new room, without access to conflicting abilities.

Akuma TH said:
Name: Riley The Hedgehog
Appearance:
Please re-read the first post, I told you I frown upon using images for the appearance, and the "___ the ___" naming scheme.

Mike_The_Hedgehog said:
Appearance: Avatar
Same.

Akuma TH said:
When can we expect the story?
The premise is that everyone's randomly in a city, everything else I intend to make apparent during the RP. Itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back