Your name, in Japanese?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt the accuracy of this, simply because the Japanese alphabet is not the same as the Latin alphabet. Actually, wait. There's two Japanese alphabets: Hiragana, and Katakana. You can't simply translate from English to Japanese by replacing each specific letter with a couple others, unlike Yoshese (which is totally cute, but entirely made-up, mind you).

This should be a more accurate reference:

http://www.takase.com/Names/NameInJapanese.htm

According to this site, where my name is Daniel in English, I am Danieru in Japanese. In Kanji:

61m.gif
73m.gif
7m.gif
131m.gif

I wish those translator sites would actually provide it in copyable text form. I mean, I _do_ have the ability to display Japanese text on this computer.

Hm.. I thought something was fishy about this...
But hell, I'll admit that is a better site.

If you really want a Japanese name, you would just find a real one and stick with it instead of trying to say your English name with a Japanese accent. I'm not ashamed to admit that that's more or less how I ended up with Tets as my current internet name.

Incidentally, if I did engrish-ify my real name, I'd end up as "Biru", a rather boring sounding name which is just slightly off from "biiru" (how a Japanese person might say the word beer). So you understand why I chose Tetsuo instead (and over time shortened it to Tets, in a vain effort to appear less wapanese).

*is reading off his Japanese workbook*

Karamu
カラム

That's my first name only. I don't know my last name.

NOTE: This is in the Katakana alphabet.

EDIT: FoxBlitzz, there's actually three (or maybe 4 if you count Romaji): Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
Me (My real name):
J - zu, O - mo, N - to, A - ka, T - chi, H - ri, A - ka, N - to
I'm Zumotokachirikato. (Wow, Long name)

Snap, I have the same name.

I used the link and it gae me and it gave me this in a table

Name - Jonathan
Pronunciation¹ - JAHN-a-than
Romaji - jonasan
Katakana² -
Hiragana -
Kanji -
Meaning³ - God's Gift (shinzou)

This is so unfair. My name stays the same

Josh-Joshu :cry: O wow a u was added.

Full

Joshua- Joshua

That is just not right. :cry:

English? Paul. Japanese? Poru. Actually, I'm not sure since it was several years since I was told this. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back