January/February 2010 Voting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, me and Blade smoked this contest. We need BlueZero or Mystic to join next time. :<

Wow, me and Blade smoked this contest. We need BlueZero or Mystic to join next time. :<
Let's get Kuja back...

EDIT: "Thunder Factory Zone, the winner of the Circuit Division, will be in a future SRB2 version" <--- Why did I see this coming?

Last edited:

Thanks for forgetting that Sunkist Falls was a collab ;-;

But yeah, most levels were below average or just bad.
However, I liked some maps, such as Thunder Factory, and Acid Plant, which are coincidentally the winners of their divisions.

I still hate how I barely lost the Match division this time :<

FuriousFox, what happend to my votes? I got them in before the deadline.

So do we use this topic or wait until the non-preview version?

Rainsoaked Ridge Zone, Act 1 by Mach 4/10
Waow, I almost forgot to rate this one!
This level was short, but it was also a level 1 level.

Buzzards Bay Zone by WEREHOG 0/10
Can't Play, got a "too many flats" error
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JdP0xWhy1U

Jadeflower Zone, Act 2 by blahblahbal 0/10
Where's the Exit?
Video: Coming whenever

Giana Dream Blast by glaber Can't Rate/10
Some have gotten the fealing of a Mario Hack from this level. Well good, this was intended. Nintendo Felt the same way about the Great Giana Sisters and they sued Timewarp because of this back in the 1980's. I made this level because I was inspired by the Commador 64/ Amiga/Atari game. I even got lucky enough that Timewarp made a ringtone of the DS game's music which was used in the level. The Graphics came from a sprite rip and screen shots releated to the Amiga version of the game as that version had the better graphics. To get the new animated Textures for the Giana Blocks I had to replace part of the lava texture.

Like the Giana Sisters levels, I made my level short. Also like the First Giana Sisters level I used the first area Of Mario Koopa Blast like how Giana Sisters used the first bit of Super Mario before the first Pipe.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eswn25s6xY4

Mountain Fortress by verifiaman 4/10
It was okay, but I don't get why the Skims had no water, why there was fish outta water, water at floor level, and the teleport to the exit.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoTVffcK0Wg

Eggmansion Zone, Act 1 by KO.T.E 8/10
A really good level, I can't find much to say really.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyABqIROyw4

Multiplayer Level Pack: Can't rate any level in it. Haven't played them yet.

Oh... anyways, congratulations to the Contest winners of this contest! Especially Spherallic who is now the only one here to have the contest winner user title.

I'm sorry to disappoint, but I'm not sure I'll ever be mapping again. The last time I tried I fell flat on my face.

That, and I don't exactly have the oodles of free time an SRB2 map needs, especially with creative block.

Yes, it would. Frankly, I'm not so hot on communal entries at all...two people combine their WADmaking talents, and they both get full Contest Winner honors if their level wins. It seems an inherent advantage.

And NO, I'm NOT just saying this because a communal entry edged me out in the OLDC...I thought this from the beginning.

Well, there are major advantages to working in a group, just like real life. You have a critic on-hand to point out flaws; you have more than one person putting in ideas...

However, there are a few organizational hurdles to working in a group, so there is extra effort involved in making a group project. Anyone who's done group projects in school is probably well-aware of the pitfalls that can arise.

The benefit here to working in a group is generally better than the negatives, hence creating a winning stage. I personally don't see a problem with that in the slightest. As for generating more "Contest Winner" titles, what difference does it make? Just because they did it in a group doesn't make it any less of an accomplishment. Their map was better than the others; both of them should be rewarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back