Sonic Underground airs on Disney XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes forum members, Sonic Underground now airs on Disney XD, and of course I thought there would be a voice replacement for some characters but I guess not.

But oh well, I still remember the series and the characters (except for the mother of Sonic, Sonia, and Manic. I can never seem to remember her name), anyhow, it aired around 6:30 AM in my time zone.

Lookin' forward to watching the episodes.

Last edited:
...and of course I thought there would be a voice replacement for some characters but I guess not.
...of... course? Why on Earth would you think they'd go back and modify a decade-old low-budget cartoon?

Also, I really don't care for Sonic Underground. Aside from being incredibly far from the concept of the main titles, Sonic sings. Even at the time I'd first heard of it, all I could think was "hmmm, imagining Sonic (ie: Jaleel White) singing... nope, I can't imagine this being acceptable". I was pretty much on the ball, once I heard the actual songs. Intro song's kind of catchy, at least.

To be honest, I don't get why they decided to re-run this at all.

From what I've seen, AoStH and (especially) Sonic SatAM were overall much more successful cartoons than Underground. So why did they choose this one?

From what I've seen, AoStH and (especially) Sonic SatAM were overall much more successful cartoons than Underground. So why did they choose this one?

No idea, outside of letting kids hear cheesy voice acting (Jaleel White voicing Sonia?)

I too don't care a whole lot about Sonic Underground. Loved it as a kid, but nowadays... not so much. Besides, little of it has anything to do with the storyline of the games or even the Archie comics (which was what SatAM was based off of).

Being pretty old around here, I was four or five when they started the two initial Sonic animations, and I remember waking up just to catch SATAM. As a result, Sally, Uncle Chuck, Snively, etc. etc. are all burned in my memory, even though I never followed up on the comics to a great extent.

I must've missed the initial showing of Underground, but I watched exactly one episode five years later on the CW or PAX, one of the two really obscure channels picked up on our antenna. It sort of looked cool at first: It was dark and dystopian, kind of like SATAM, and apparently Sonic and Co. roved from place to place in an RV. Neato, the whole series was one big grimy camping trip.

Then came the first song of that episode. I think I lasted ten seconds before switching the channel.

I wonder if SATAM was genuinely a better cartoon than Underground (at least in terms of lacking ear-wrenching music), or if I was a doddering idiot of a tike when SATAM came out and would watch anything with robots and explosions and cartoon hedgehogs shoveled into it. Watching snippets of SATAM on Youtube, I'm almost positive the latter scenario is more accurate. I wonder if it isn't true for many individual people in the crowd that cares to bash Underground as the worst of the Sonic cartoons.

Nowadays I like AoStH the most, because I'm a lanky, twentysomething doddering idiot easily amused by Internet memes created and perpetuated by people five to ten years my junior. How far I've come.

Last edited:
Sonic Underground was never finished. The series ended on a cliffhanger.

I'm guessing the chance of a revival is long gone. I wonder if there could be a time where Disney could fund production for the series to finish it. I'm sure the voice actors would be hard to find now and the team behind it would be different. The style overall would be changed along with the animation.

Eh, oh well.

And again, this show must air in America, because it NEVER comes on here.
Also, someone told me it was because the director died that Sonic Underground was cancelled.

Last edited:
I just want to let you know that all three hedgehogs in this show are voiced by Jaleel White.

Even the girl.

Yeah.

And yet somehow this crap is getting its own hack on Sonic Retro. Or was, anyway, no idea if it's still going on.

I had a Sonic Underground DVD once, but i don't know where it went. I watch it on Disney XD now. Also My Mom says Sonia sounds like Urkel.

I used to have this show on a vhs tape.
The episode I had wasn't too bad, but in later episodes knuckles has a pet dinosaur and such. Ayup. It makes about as much sense as it sounds.

But in later episodes Knuckles has a pet dinosaur and such.
More badass points for him then.
I take back what I said about how I am looking forward to more episodes.
I just can't stand that singing anymore. @_@

Last edited:
Sonic Underground was never finished. The series ended on a cliffhanger.

Same with SatAm if I recall correctly.

I actually liked underground. Not as much as SatAm or Sonic X, but still I enjoyed it.

I heard one person suggest, I think on TVTropes, that it was probably going to have nothing to do with Sonic originally since it's so different, but they wound up throwing him in since they thought it'd end up making it more popular. Could be the reason, yes?

I had heard that the series was made specifically to drum up Sonic awareness in anticipation for the first Adventure game. But maybe DIC had the basic concept for some time before SEGA approached them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back