Ever composed music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been doing a lot of work this month (not homework). My brother, Monster Iestyn has been making lots of MIDI files, covering the old Sonic titles. I got interested, and did it myself. Ok, that Marble Garden Zone wasn't so bright, my hand slipped. But I did not give up. I continued with General MIDI. The only thing that MI made in this post is the Flying Battery Zone tune. I included the modern highhats, which you guys call them "those cool drum sounds which are in remixes". The MP3's were made by me, just like the MIDI's were made by me. Now, for the fun part!

MIDI's
----------------------------
Sonic 2 - Final Boss

Sonic 2 - Emerald Hill Zone

Now this takes me back. Flooded Valley was part of my ATH2008 mod, and still is! Don't use this, as I may be using it for my mod.
Flooded Valley - Act 1

Marble Garden Zone - Act 2

MP3's
---------------------------
Sonic 2 - Emerald Hill Zone

Marble Garden Zone - Act 2

This is the one that Iestyn made. Credit to MI. All additional sounds, drum kit high hats and Overdrive guitar effects are mine.
Flying Battery Zone - Act 1

Please rate them 1 to 10.

Sonic 3 - Competition Menu

I'm thinking, why are Monster and I the only ones replying to this topic. I mean, there's no point in keeping this topic alive if there's nobody listening or commenting here. It's hard making MIDI's sometimes, I may be doing Angel Island next! That's hard! At least give some support!
Look at this page. Nobody else posted. Just us.

http://www.mediafire.com/?shv1hxghvyd

I attempted to fuse five existing songs together in fugal format. Unfortunately, I don't think I exactly ended up with an actual fugue, seeing as the bass seems really independent. The subject-answer thing that a fugue desperately needs is not exactly developed properly in this. But, oh, well; at least it sounds cool to have multiple songs playing at the exact same time, isn't it?

The songs I tried to fuse are Marble Zone, Cosmic Wall, Primitive Age (Gain Ground), Lotus Turbo Challenge Main Menu, and O2 Final Boss from Kirby 64.

An alternate download link can be found at VGMusic.com under Medley -> Various Games.

No offense, MI, but posting songs we've already heard and that have already been sequenced by others isn't really that interesting. Try remixing the songs; or, try showing us songs you've written!

I was just posting my versions of those tunes... And some people liked them, didn't they? Just because someone else made it long before I did, doesn't mean I can't.

And as for music of my own? I don't even know what everyone , but Ash, thinks of the first 2 MIDIs I posted in this topic, which were ones of my own. Then again, I don't think they're that good anymore...

I've composed many a song.

Most of them were for my rock band until the disbandment.

Now I still write music, if only for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back