wrong joystick controlls with wired xbox 360 controller HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I have created a account just for this purpose. I have a wired xbox 360 controller and I have installed the driver from microsoft. The controller works fine but in SRB2 the controls are completely wrong. The directional pads go different directions and the y, b, a, and x buttons work in the menu but not in gameplay. Can someone please give me some configuration? Please.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

Ok can someone atleast fix this: I dont have the joystick configurations to stuff like jump, spin and ring toss. Can someone please tell me what to do? I wanna play online!

The axes are your analog sticks(X Y etc determines what up/down left/rright does on which stick). When you select your joystick go to setup controls and configure your buttons.

Last edited:
01.png

Go to Options
02.png

"Setup Controls"
03.png

"Joystick Options"
04.png

"Select Joystick"
05.png

Pick your joystick and press Esc
04.png

setup what action the axises on the joystick do, and press Esc
06.png

"Player 1 Controls"
07.png

"Control Configuration"
08.png

Slect then press Enter on an action, then press the joystick button you want it assign to, rinse and repeat for each action.

01.png

Go to Options
02.png

"Setup Controls"
03.png

"Joystick Options"
04.png

"Select Joystick"
05.png

Pick your joystick and press Esc
04.png

setup what action the axises on the joystick do, and press Esc
06.png

"Player 1 Controls"
07.png

"Control Configuration"
08.png

Slect then press Enter on an action, then press the joystick button you want it assign to, rinse and repeat for each action.

Thanks the controls work in normal mode, but what about online? They don't work there can you show me that?

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Thanks the controls work in normal mode, but what about online? They don't work there can you show me that?
oh and what about the camera? and the ring toss and stuff ike that wont work. show me that?

online mode doesn't use different control settings..

Do you mean how to set up the ring toss? it's on the next page of the controls, go down to the bottom, till you get to next and press enter to see the rest of the settings.

online mode doesn't use different control settings..

Do you mean how to set up the ring toss? it's on the next page of the controls, go down to the bottom, till you get to next and press enter to see the rest of the settings.

But can you do the picture thing and give me your preferred 360 controller configuration? Even the axis stuff and normal controls?

I don't have a xbox 360 controller, I just have software that makes my joystick look like a xbox 360 controller for games that don't support normal joysticks.

If you're on about Analogue Mode, that doesn't work online. Turn Analogue Mode off in the options for normal controls.

If you're on about Analogue Mode, that doesn't work online. Turn Analogue Mode off in the options for normal controls.

I dont see the option to turn off analog control. Will I be able to use the directional pad? And will ring toss and that other stuff work on the controller?

Type USERANALOG 0 in the console. I've never used a controller with SRB2, but turning analog on and off doesn't change the control settings so it should still be the same unless SRB2 has really horrid controller support.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back