Help with Netgame Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkBones

Could anyone kindly help me with hosting a netplay game? I've looked at several other help threads on the forums, and I'm 95% sure my ports are forwarded. I set up a static IP address, disabled my firewall, and yes, I even remembered to hit apply. Is there anything really important that I might be missing?

EDIT: If it helps, my game appears on the main server, but everything says it's unknown.

Last edited:
A funny thing is: The person tries to open port 5029, but you can use another to host a server. You're saying the door is open, but how we are not sure, try another.
Open SRB2Net (if you do not have, download in the site), go to "Main Options", and in "Manual Parameters", enter "-udpport (port number)".
I recommend port 5030, always works for me.

A funny thing is: The person tries to open port 5029, but you can use another to host a server. You're saying the door is open, but how we are not sure, try another.
Open SRB2Net (if you do not have, download in the site), go to "Main Options", and in "Manual Parameters", enter "-udpport (port number)".
I recommend port 5030, always works for me.

The program seems like it would work, but I can't figure out how to configure its master server settings. Without those, I can't tell for sure. (The reason I say it looks like it would work is that when I quit the launched netgame and start a new one, it shows up on the server and gives me an error and a port of 0, as opposed to not connecting at all.

EDIT: Well, I'm stumped. Using 5029 makes the server completely unreachable, and using another port makes the server have an error. Yes, I remembered to forward the other ports I tried BTW. Maybe I'll think of something in the morning...

EDIT 2: If it helps, the listserv command says that the server is registered through port 0, even though that's not the port I selected (or even a valid port for that matter...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back